Shapeways is looking for a inspirational Industrial Engineer to help us take our Eindhoven production facility to the next level. You will bring 3D printing out of the prototyping era and into the future by being part of the team that brings out our current operations to a full-scale, lean manufacturing operations that will produce an ever growing number of unique products. This is an incredible opportunity to build a world class manufacturing plant for a company and industry in which the rules have yet to be fully defined.
You will be responsible for large projects including the introduction of new production methods, new post production technology and new or improved software. You will also help set the course for Shapeways’ future production plans.
Your responsibilities are:
- Introduce new production and distribution break-troughs to improve our product portfolio, and reduce customer lead-time, improve quality and reduce costs.
- Optimize current production technologies by bringing mechanization and automation on board.
- Complete project management for the implementation of the above projects, from technical specifications to collaboration with team members, vendors and stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage preventative maintenance and condition monitoring program.
- Management of Shapeways’ safety program.
- Implement 5S methodology.
You will initially report to the Director of Industrial Engineering.
We are especially interested if you want to join a successful team and have:
- A Bachelor or Masters of Science in applicable field (electrical or mechanical engineering).
- 2+ years work experience in complex project management.
- Manufacturing/plant start-up experience.
- Have strong organizational and communications skills.
- Have a creative can-do attitude to get the job done.
- Are able to outperform on project quality, budget and timeline.
- Are able to lead complex projects from start to finish managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Are proactive and independent, requiring minimal direction.
- Monitors and evaluates work flow and assembly methods and makes recommendations for process improvements.