Location: Manhattan, NYC
Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customer's wishes. Want to help deliver excellence to our growing community? You'll be the one making sure that every customer order is printed to perfection.
We are looking for a whip-smart, agile, Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team at Shapeways. The Financial Accountant will focus on the large volume of transactional accounting that our business generates daily. Our goal is to provide a high level of service to the company, ensuring that the people who rely on us (our colleagues, our suppliers, our business partners, our directors) have access to timely, accurate information about our business. Everything we do is geared towards making sure that the finance department runs efficiently and that the books and records of the corporation are accurate. The department is fast, nimble and adaptable to a growing, changing environment where new challenges present themselves on a regular basis.
- Assist with all payables and refund processing as required
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Corporate credit card accounting and ownership of program
- General ledger accounting
- General ledger system design and implementation
- Shop-owner markup reporting and payments
- Budget to actual variance analysis
- Fixed asset accounting
- Sales tax
- Cash reconciliations
- Accrual analysis and preparation
- Payroll accounting
- Multi-currency accounting
- A four year degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of direct experience working in an Accounting capacity
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, VBA, macros, etc.)
- Experience with Intaact and/or NetSuite financials
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment
- Flexibility to work late/come in early as needed
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with an e-commerce business model a big plus
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.
Send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter.
- Resume in a standard format (.txt, .doc, .pdf) and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Links to online portfolio, sample projects, blog, or anything that you think is applicable.