Global Director of Production & Distribution
Long Island City, NY
Shapeways is looking for a Global Head of Production and Distribution. We are a NY-based startup that operates the world's largest consumer 3D printing marketplace and have printed over one million unique objects to date. We are on a mission to democratize creation by enabling anyone to make whatever they can imagine. We envision a world where the objects around us are rich with meaning because we have helped make them a reality.
At Shapeways we are overcoming unique challenges for manufacturing and distribution. Every item we produce is unique and made to order. Every customer wants to receive their creation the next day. We are currently building a massive 3D printing factory in New York, already operate one in Eindhoven, Netherlands, and are in the early planning phases for a facility in Asia. As of today we have 15 industrial-sized 3D printers using 2 production technologies at 2 locations; in a year's time, we expect to operate over 50 printers using as many as five technologies. By year end 2013 we expect to be printing nearly half a million objects per month.
The Global Head of Production and Distribution will be responsible for all of Shapeways' production and distribution activities worldwide. The position will be based in New York and be part of the executive team of the firm, reporting directly to the CEO and presenting frequently to the board of directors. We are looking for someone with a successful track record in high velocity production and distribution environments (e.g. on demand publishing or photo albums). We also expect candidates to have extensive experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques and to be as excited as we are about Shapeways' vision and mission.
To apply, please contact our Co-founder and CEO Peter Weijmarshausen by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Global Head of Production and Distribution"
- 8+ years work experience, with a significant amount of leadership position in an operational/manufacturing setting.
- Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Engineering or Business or equivalent experience.
- Entrepreneurial background or has worked in a start-up.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communications skills.
- Significant manufacturing experience on both strategic and operational levels.
- Experience managing high growth successfully.
- Ability to lead complex projects from start to finish, involving internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactive and independent, requiring minimal direction.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.