New York, NY, United States
As controller of this fast paced start up, your financial expertise will help ensure that the finance department runs efficiently and that the books and records of the corporation are accurate. The finance department must be nimble and adaptable to a growing, changing environment where new challenges present themselves on a regular basis.
- Prepare monthly financials
- Prepare budget to actuals
- Various financial operational tasks
- Oversee monthly close process
- Sales Tax Compliance
- Manage VAT Compliance
- Balance Sheet Accounting – Accrued Expenses, Intercompany and others
- Cost of Goods Sold analysis for two manufacturing facilities
- Manage Departmental Tasking
- Franchise Tax Reporting
- Work with outside auditors to prepare annual reporting and tax return
- Accounting System Definitions and Upgrades
You are a CPA with a mix of at least five to eight years of public and private accounting experience. You have a wide range of experience including reporting, operations, treasury, budgeting / forecasting and systems implementations. E-commerce is a plus; experience with foreign operations also helpful; and of course, you’re interested in making and creating.
Why Join Our Team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our web site and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end and all the complications that come along with that. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.