New York, NY, United States
We're on the edge of a new normal, where everyday products are custom made for and by each and every one of us. More and more people are becoming content creators -- just as we’ve seen with music, books, film, and a host of other digitized industries, the same is happening for products. As we democratize access to these tools and processes, anyone can now take part in the creation of stuff that fills your life.
Want to help democratize product design and manufacturing? What about empowering millions of people to do the same? Then read on.
At Shapeways, we harness 3D printing to help anyone turn ideas into a physical reality, making product design more accessible, personal, and inspiring. We’re looking for a Community Manager to inspire and lead the world’s 3D printing community as we grow from over 130k to millions, while maintaining the culture that is already central to Shapeways. By fostering an environment for the community to learn, network, share their ideas, this person will help thousands of people realize their full potential, and in many cases, expand their businesses.
The Shapeways Community Manager lives at the heart of the Shapeways ecosystem. He or she will constantly engage with and learn from the Shapeways community, and in turn, share insights with the entire Shapeways team. The Community Manager interfaces with marketing, product, customer service, and operations to create experiences that deliver happiness to all of our users. In addition to being the primary advocate for user needs, the Community Manager will create new opportunities for engagement as our community grows to include many more people of varied backgrounds. We’re looking for a passionate, empathetic and personable leader who can both set the vision for community and dig in to the day to day with humility.
- Build & enable the ecosystem
- Build a team of core Shapeways community members who represent Shapeways across platforms and in person.
- Organize and scale community activities, including: 3D design classes, Meetups, and video chats.
- Regularly engage in forums, social media, and other relevant platforms.
- Empower the community to contribute to Shapeways' evolution
- Synthesize and advocate for user needs, ensuring that the community’s input plays a dominant role in shaping our future.
- Ensure core teams, including customer service, marketing, and product, are aware of key community feedback.
- Enable independent designers and Shapeways Shop Owners
- Develop shop owner education content to help share best practices and facilitate connections among community members.
- Spotlight outstanding members and products from the community.
- Track the health and vitality of the Shapeways community
- Develop key metrics and manage community KPIs.
- Share updates on the health of the Shapeways community with the Shapeways team, and find ways to constantly improve the experience for new and existing members.
- 4+ years experience in community management, marketing, communications, or similar field.
- Extremely stellar interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exhibits a high degree of patience, humility, humor, and an intrinsic desire to help.
- Ability to develop strategy and execute without extensive oversight.
- Self-starter, proactive, and a restlessness to change the world.
- Thrives in fast-changing start-up environments .
- Strong belief in the Shapeways vision (i.e., you’ve already drank the Kool-Aid).
- Ability to make your no’s sound like yes’es.
- Interest in design, technology, 3D printing, and small businesses.
- 3D design experience is a (major) plus.