Accounting and Finance Intern (part-time)
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Shapeways is a fast-growing, global startup, with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is custom, tailored to our customer's wishes. Want to help deliver excellence to our growing community? You'll be the one making sure that every customer order is printed to perfection.
Shapeways is seeking an accounting/finance intern to support our growing business. We want a smart and dedicated individual to support our small accounting team on miscellaneous accounting and finance tasks for 20-25 hours per week (duration TBD, beginning ASAP). This position is ideal for a student or recent accounting/finance graduate that wants hands-on experience with many aspects of a start-up business.
- Collaborate with staff accountants and controller on miscellaneous finance and accounting tasks
- Support sales and A/R transaction processing and reconciliations
- Support A/P and inventory accounting, including booking invoices and supporting the implementation of a purchasing system
- Coordinate with Customer Service team regarding transaction and refund inquiries
- Current student or recent graduate with at least 3 years of college education focused on accounting and/or finance
- Strong communication skills
- Able to double-check work and pay attention to detail
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for. Fun is also part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must! You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere.
Send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter.
- Resume in a standard format (.txt, .doc, .pdf) and/or link to online career profile (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Links to online portfolio, sample projects, blog, or anything that you think is applicable.