3D Printing Engineer
Are you an organized tinkerer interested in how everyday objects are made? Have you been excited about what 3D printing could mean for manufacturing, and the future of personal production? We’re looking for a sharp, innovative doer to delve into the cutting edge technology of 3D printing and help create solutions to problems that have yet to be solved. This person needs to be a 3D design guru, an agile thinker, and a great communicator. If you’re up for the challenge, the role of 3D Printing Engineer might be for you.
Shapeways is a fast-growing global start-up with the goal of making 3D printing more accessible and affordable. Everything we make is a custom product, tailored to the customer’s wishes. As the 3D Printing Engineer you will be part of the production team and help improve experiences for our customers, particularly ensuring that orders are printed to perfection and shipped on time.
As 3D Printing Engineer, you report to the Production Team Lead and you will be responsible for the seamless execution to ensure each customer’s creations are produced as quickly as possible. You will provide critical feedback on whether models can be made given varied material parameters. You would also plan production and operate state-of-the-art 3D printing machines. You will be responsible for providing feedback to the team, and hence the community, to enhance our 3D tool set. Together, alongside your colleagues, you will continuously seek to improve product quality and production efficiency.
What will your responsibilities be? Together with your teammates you will:
- Assess feasibility of printing customer models given varied material parameters
- Plan machines for maximum efficiency
- Operate state of the art 3D printers
- Provide input for automation to enable scaling of the service
- Provide feedback to our product team on material properties and design rules
We are especially interested if you want to join a successful team and:
- BS in technical field
- 1-3 years work experience in a world class manufacturing environment
- Good spatial awareness
- Are skilled with 3D software
- Meticulous and organized
- Love to drive change and continuous improvement by taking initiative and helping others
- Are a constructive team player with good social & communication skills, also in situations where electronic communication is the only available medium