Tom Bell

tebee

3D modeler, Designer, Maker
A long time computer programer, I've now had a career change late in life and started designing things - narrow gauge model trains. ...

Followers
Following
tebee's
009 Saddletank loco 21c to fit tomix Percy/1:80 lo
tebee @Kupferbergbahn if it's the 1:80 chassis you should be able to use it as it comes, for a Percy you need to remove the footplate assembly
Hon30/009 SR&RL style 4w combine railcar
tebee @Thedragonbuilder Yes if you find a suitable chassis -NWSL Flea maybe? Get it in the more expensive plastic as it's easier to cut if you need modify it to fit the chassis you buy
tebee commented on Hon30 short boxcab loco by tebee
December 13, 2017
tebee commented on 009 small diesel 1 fit HM01 chassis by tebee
June 4, 2017
009 small diesel 1 fit HM01 chassis
tebee @cnicholls33 Sadly I broke my HM-01 trying to cut down to fit an even smaller loco, soI only did a small amount of testing with it first. I think the loco looks much more in proportion to the skips though which I'm pleased about. Most 009/HOe industrial diesels are very much overscale.
tebee @cnicholls33 Thanks - always good to see the finished version. How do you find the HM-01 runs?
tebee commented on HOn3 Fox trucks by tebee
February 17, 2017
HOn3 Fox trucks
tebee @danamarseille hi - these were originally made to order for someone - as I don't model in HOn3 he gave me dimensions for the wheels and axles he used. His axles where 3/4 inch or 19 mm long. What length are yours? I can't find the length Kadees use anywhere online. NSWL use 0.76 inches for their HOn3 http://shop.osorail.com/category.sc?categoryId=81 Tom
tebee favorited Gn15 skip chassis version2 by tebee
February 1, 2017
tebee commented on On2 Sandy River passenger trucks by tebee
January 9, 2017
On2 Sandy River passenger trucks
tebee @ablecynic Good - now go an persuade a few thousand more On2 modelers how wonderful they are... Any other truck variants that would be useful to the On2 modeler?
tebee @ablecynic Ah good will do a shouldered version of these too - That is the length overall of the axle I presume?
tebee @ablecynic OK here is some Freight trucks to go with these http://shpws.me/N2dV - I've done a Shouldered axle version - I'd appreciate someone trying them and telling me if I've got the axle size right ! ;-) Wink, wink
tebee @ablecynic I did these to order for someone - I'm fairly certain he used tapered axle ends - but if you can give me the dimensions of the axles you want to use I can do a version to fit them. mm preferred, but I can work from imperial too.
tebee commented on 009 C&L inspired 4-4-0T by tebee
December 17, 2016
009 C&L inspired 4-4-0T
tebee @thesmeghead1999 Ah yes - the loco is designed to have enough to fit a scale chassis - the farish 4-4-0 is a bit underscale( but the only suitable one available) . you'll need to make and fix a bracket at the back and/or fit packing to the body to hold it in place .
tebee @thesmeghead1999 I hate to say this, but it's a few years since I did this and I can't remember how the chassis was supposed to fit - what is the problem you have ?
tebee commented on OO9 Flat with double bolster (long) by tebee
November 3, 2016
OO9 Flat with double bolster (long)
tebee @thesmeghead1999 Either one of the longer versions of my 009 chassis or the Peco N gauge 15 ft one
tebee commented on 009 Steam tram loco with bunker 3 by tebee
October 27, 2016
009 Steam tram loco with bunker 3
tebee @cnicholls33 Oh that looks good - it's come out well :)
tebee commented on 009 colonial loco and tender by tebee
August 24, 2016
009 colonial loco and tender
tebee @andrew_bizley It's open to allow fitting of as many chassis as possible. Not designed with any specific chassis in mind
tebee commented on 0n16.5 Skip riveted body old grease axlebox by tebee
August 15, 2016
0n16.5 Skip riveted body old grease axlebox
tebee 100 euros - looks like it not understand euro symbol
tebee @schoener it's doable - I already produced some test chassis, but the cost went up horrendously when they abolished the 50% off large models. Would be over 100€ each now
tebee commented on OO9 Cheap and Easy Tram Loco #3 by tebee
May 19, 2016
OO9 Cheap and Easy Tram Loco #3
tebee @talyllyn1Thanks - I'm always happy to see finished versions of my work - especially nice ones like that!
tebee commented on On30 F7 conversion body by tebee
April 22, 2016
On30 F7 conversion body
tebee @pacbelt was designed around the Model Power F7 - should work fine with the Athearn ones as the bodies of these are interchangeable
tebee commented on Gn15 0-4-0 estate loco by tebee
April 19, 2016
Gn15 0-4-0 estate loco
tebee @talyllyn1 Thanks, always nice to see finished models - especially ones as nice as these.
009 railbus single ended with bonnet (narrow type)
tebee @Astas777 009 4mm scale 9mm gauge
tebee commented on HOn30 Switcher conversion body by tebee
January 29, 2016
HOn30 Switcher conversion body
tebee @Bob_S Is OK was brought up on feet and inches and still find it easier to visualize things like room sizes in them. But for modeling I'm so used to working at 3.5mm = 1ft that I always work . I made it bigger again - is now 12.2mm wide there . My life-like sw1500 switcher is 11.35mm wide over the chassis block inside the bonnet - how wide is the Kato one ? ( any unit !)
tebee @Bob_S OK I've now revised it - the bonnet is about 0.5 mm wider which should give plenty of room . I've made it available in FUD - it was one of my very old models - the last update on it was 24/01/2011 just over 5 years ago! It probably predates FUD... Have had to take the rivet detail off the cab as this will mess up in FUD
tebee commented on 1:32 Decauville steam loco by tebee
January 21, 2016
1:32 Decauville steam loco
tebee @schoener In Gn15 here - http://shpws.me/Lirq
tebee commented on 009 Freelance protected simplex style loco by tebee
December 27, 2015
009 Freelance protected simplex style loco
tebee @ECML_Fan It should fit the TU-13CL chassis as is with minor modifications. That chassis is a bit shorter and higher than the one it's designed for. Inside the loco then ends of the chassis should rest on two little L shaped ledges. File these back a little so the shorter chassis fits between them . Add two new ledges on to the top of the existing ones. Wheels will be 0.5 of a millimeter from the center of the axleboxes but they are failrly well hidden anyway so no one will notice.
tebee commented on 009 steam railcar Coach Body by tebee
December 16, 2015
009 steam railcar Coach Body
tebee @ECML_Fan and this is one of the sort where just the wheels swivel
tebee @ECML_Fan another example
tebee @ECML_Fan t yes they often split at the footplate, but the loco always has a long wheelbase extending behind where they are articulated
tebee @ECML_Fan Both sorts existed - some has the loco and coach together on one frame with the loco chassis swiveling below, effectively a stretched single Fairlie. The problem the Fleischmann chassis is it's a short wheelbase one with the motor mounted far back. This makes it impossible to articulate correctly. The pivot point needs to be within the wheelbase of the steam loco chassis - otherwise, when all your passengers get on the loco will tip up! I know a lot of models of these are made like this, but it's wrong and annoys me!
tebee @ECML_Fan I'm undecided yet - I could have it mount on one of the Tomytec bogie chassis and do dummy cylinders and rods for the front bogie or I could split the loco from the carriage section and articulate it, putting the loco on a Kato tram chassis . My indecision is why it's never been finished ! Only put it on here so I could show to people and ask their opinions.
tebee commented on 009 4w Long 1st class Coach by tebee
December 16, 2015
 009 4w Long 1st class Coach
tebee @scottderail it's for 009
tebee commented on 7/8 Skip Ch2 Complete by tebee
December 5, 2015
7/8 Skip Ch2 Complete
tebee @Windbergs I'd abandoned it as the elimination of the half price rate for big WSF models and per part charges made it much more expensive ( it's got 13 parts including the wheels. ) Have a simplified home print version, but that too is still under development . Will see if I can get a sellable version sorted It was for 7/8 scale 45mm gauge BTW are you THE Thor Windbergs ?
tebee commented on 009 later type Sentinel loco with bunker by tebee
September 22, 2015
009 later type Sentinel loco with bunker
tebee Kato 103 chassis
Next
Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.