Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Questions about WSF vs WSF Polished
Search Search  
Questions about WSF vs WSF Polished [message #48595] Thu, 17 May 2012 15:26 UTC Go to previous message
avatar gordonrobb  is currently offline gordonrobb
Go to my shop
I am making a model of my daughter and her (soon to be ) Husband for the top of their wedding cake. I have only tested by getting a print of a head that is the right size (the model will only be 150 mm so the head was tiny). I have noticed that a lot of the details on the head are not showing up, but can't really afford to go for the more detailed options. My intention would be to finish the surface and the paint.

My question is that if I use WSF polished will even more of the detail be gone? (Eyes, lips for example) as it tumbles the print.

Also, if I decide to work with the WSF, am I right in the assumption I am best using some spray on sealant/lacquer that I then sand off, to get teh surface smooth?

Any help would be apprecieated, I have poured over most of the threads, but wanted a comparison between WSF and WSF polished regarding details.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:paint white detail/transparent detail
Next Topic:Screws / Threading in Plastic and Steel
Goto Forum:
   Go