|Introduction Guide Lines [message #44440] Fri, 24 February 2012 18:55 UTC
First off, Welcome to Shapeways!|
This is your chance to get started on the right foot. So I'll give you a little template to guide you in introducing yourself to the community. (Several people have been answering these 1, 2, 3. Please feel free to mix it up, write up a nice paragraph or what ever you wish. Just aim to at least include these things)
1) What brings you to Shapeways?
2) Where are you from?
3) What are your interests or hobbies that you plan on using Shapeways for?
4) Your software (Don't have one? Look here for a list of known compatible software!)
5) Your experience level
With this info, the community can help you get your first print ordered, point you to helpful tutorials or posts, and maybe point you to a Shapeways meetup site so you can meet other community members face to face.
Where do I go now?!?
- If you have any questions visit the Support section here Do some searching, a lot of questions have already been answered but don't hesitate to ask if you can't find what you're looking for. We all had our first day.
- Once you've started your project, and if you want some outside opinions, feel free to share it in the Work in Progress section here
- Then once you have your piece, get some nice photos and post it in the It arrived section here
- And if you feel your piece is extra awesome, there's the Feature this section here
If you have any questions about any of these feel free to email Community Manager Natalia Krasnodebska or myself Mike
Again, Welcome, and enjoy all the community has to offer!
[Updated on: Mon, 18 June 2012 15:34 UTC]
I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
firstname.lastname@example.org Community Advocate