Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Community » General Discussion » Lost Wax casting for other metals
Search Search  
Lost Wax casting for other metals [message #42284] Thu, 19 January 2012 23:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Layton  is currently offline Layton
Go to all my models
Hi, I've been looking at the quality of the final printed models and it appears that silver glossy gives the best results.

I'm wondering if Shapeways could offer the lost wax casting method for other metals.

Wouldn't it be great to achieve the same exceptional detail and smooth, high-gloss finish that is possible with this method, but using cheaper metals like bronze or steel?

If Shapeways cannot do the casting in-house, why not allow users to print their models in wax and we can then contact a local foundry to do the casting in whatever metal we please?

Personally, I don't like the print lines that can be seen using the current method on stainless steel, but printing in silver is simply too expensive for larger sculptural models.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:new blender-shapeways tutorials
Next Topic:Which axis is "up"?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.