Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Printing » Can't see what I'm getting
Search Search  
Can't see what I'm getting [message #38609] Tue, 15 November 2011 11:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Leothedog  is currently offline Leothedog
Go to all my models
I've been working on architectural models using Sketchup. Sometimes when I upload, I can see that a detail has been missed in the process and I try to fix the model to eliminate the error. However, recently I have encountered Shapeways illustrating 3D in a different way in "My Models". Originally, a "Java" logo would appear, followed by the 3D image which could be rotated using navigation tools AND could be enlarged by using the mouse wheel. Increasingly though, I am finding a different method being applied where I get a small blue screen-in-screen bearing the "Shapeways" name and a 3D image that rotates rather too quickly for me to make out any detail at all and CANNOT be enlarged as far as I can see.
For large-ish models this is a real pain because I really can't see whether what has been uploaded is true to my original model. It also appears to be random, in that some uploads still appear in the original "Java" presentation style while some (increasingly) appear in the new way.
For me this has been a backward move by Shapeways.
Has anyone else encountered this as a problem?

Mike

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Silver Print Turned Black over time
Next Topic:material for antenna casket / microwave resitant material
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.