Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Co-Creator Feedback » Co-Creator Price Issue?
Search Search  
Co-Creator Price Issue? [message #35295] Wed, 28 September 2011 03:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TurtlesAreCool  is currently offline TurtlesAreCool
Go to my shop
I think that my previous post ( http://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=6 465&goto=35087#msg_35087) may have been in the wrong thread, so I'm starting a new one to deal with the issue.

It appears that changing a model to a co-creator changes the price of some of the materials. I have confirmed this by changing another model of mine from normal to co-creator and back. The prices were as expected when the model was normal and were inflated when co-creator. I have not been able to derive a relationship which would indicate how the prices are being modified. The increase does not appear to be a percentage or static value. The main oddity I see is that the co-creator prices are generally rounded to the a 5-cent boundary.

As an additional example (beyond what is posted in that other thread), the model I switched tonight went from ~$303 for stainless steel to $350. The heart ornament (my previous discovery) went from $40 to $50.

1. Is this behavior intentional?
1.a. If the behavior is intentional, is it documented anywhere?
1.a.1. If the behavior is not documented anywhere, why not? I have been generally pleased with Shapeways' communications - let's keep things like this in the open. Very Happy
1.a.2 If the behavior is documented somewhere, where is it?
1.b. If the behavior is not intentional, when will it be corrected?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Co-Creator OPTIONAL?
Next Topic:2 issues with co-creators
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.