Home »  » It arrived! » Awesome full color prints!
Search Search  
icon14.gif  Awesome full color prints! [message #30298] Wed, 06 July 2011 19:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tristan_bethe  is currently offline tristan_bethe
Go to my shop
This time around I received an extra big white box with blue tape from shapeways. And they really outdid them selves this time!

After ordering 5 models of the wrong material last time I got it right this time around. And boy did shapeways get it right this time around as well!

Absolutely beautiful full color prints.

Last time I ordered the grandpa model I was not too happy with the result since the wax varnish was very spotty.

However I hollowed out that model to save some costs and in the end I think that was the cause of the problem.

This round I ordered solid models and they came out perfect!

I Also added a layer of protective varnish myself. A tip RogersX gave me

It is the stuff used on oil paintings and apart from making it a bit more scratch resistant it added a little gloss as a bonus! It looks great! I purchased some marble shelves and bolted it to the print in the special made holes I added. This gives the whole some extra weight which makes it feel even more special.

Also I could now use my newly created little photo studio!

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 1.04MB, Downloaded 348 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 1.00MB, Downloaded 255 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 1.06MB, Downloaded 257 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.jpg
    (Size: 1.10MB, Downloaded 229 time(s))

• Attachment: 5.jpg
    (Size: 1.00MB, Downloaded 247 time(s))

See more of my 3D scanning/printing adventures here: http://3dpersons.com/ or statyou.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:My first prints! - Glazed ceramic & BSF
Next Topic:Taconite Ore Car - FUD
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.