Home » Community » It arrived! » Created a small DIY product photography studio for my prints
Search Search  
icon14.gif  Created a small DIY product photography studio for my prints [message #29696] Sat, 25 June 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tristan_bethe  is currently offline tristan_bethe
Go to my shop
Anticipating quite a few prints in the next few weeks I thought it time for a somewhat more dedicated setup to photograph them to show them here and on my new site to come (statyou.com, more on that in the future)

Just bought 2 fluorescent desk lamps and a window shade (white on one side and black on the other, dual use!)

And it actually works! I like the fluorescent light since it keeps the colors clean. I use the same lights in my scan studio since it gives more true to live textures. In this case I also use a few existing halogen lights on a dimmer overhead so I can add a hint of warmth back in.

Could Shapeways not do something similar?

One thing I dislike somewhat in the gallery is the hodgepodge of thumbnails. some are the default preview, others are home made pics. All different. Would it be feasible to make a standard pic after printing and automatically add those to your account. You then could chose to use it or substitute it for your own. In my opinion this would add a extra level of quality to the site. I have no clue how the printing is done. If all the printers are in one or 2 facilities or that most are outsourced which would make this a bit harder. But just a thought!

• Attachment: IMG_9513.jpg
    (Size: 1.19MB, Downloaded 240 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9516.jpg
    (Size: 1.17MB, Downloaded 138 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9525.jpg
    (Size: 1.20MB, Downloaded 124 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9535.jpg
    (Size: 1.13MB, Downloaded 128 time(s))

See more of my 3D scanning/printing adventures here: http://3dpersons.com/ or statyou.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Railway scenery accessories in FUD
Next Topic:K6 Telephone Box - OO (1:76, 4mm) Scale
Goto Forum:
   Go