Home » Community » It arrived! » Created a small DIY product photography studio for my prints
Search Search  
icon14.gif  Created a small DIY product photography studio for my prints [message #29696] Sat, 25 June 2011 19:36 UTC Go to previous message
avatar tristan_bethe  is currently offline tristan_bethe
Go to my shop
Anticipating quite a few prints in the next few weeks I thought it time for a somewhat more dedicated setup to photograph them to show them here and on my new site to come (statyou.com, more on that in the future)

Just bought 2 fluorescent desk lamps and a window shade (white on one side and black on the other, dual use!)

And it actually works! I like the fluorescent light since it keeps the colors clean. I use the same lights in my scan studio since it gives more true to live textures. In this case I also use a few existing halogen lights on a dimmer overhead so I can add a hint of warmth back in.

Could Shapeways not do something similar?

One thing I dislike somewhat in the gallery is the hodgepodge of thumbnails. some are the default preview, others are home made pics. All different. Would it be feasible to make a standard pic after printing and automatically add those to your account. You then could chose to use it or substitute it for your own. In my opinion this would add a extra level of quality to the site. I have no clue how the printing is done. If all the printers are in one or 2 facilities or that most are outsourced which would make this a bit harder. But just a thought!

• Attachment: IMG_9513.jpg
    (Size: 1.19MB, Downloaded 245 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9516.jpg
    (Size: 1.17MB, Downloaded 150 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9525.jpg
    (Size: 1.20MB, Downloaded 130 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_9535.jpg
    (Size: 1.13MB, Downloaded 135 time(s))

See more of my 3D scanning/printing adventures here: http://3dpersons.com/ or statyou.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Railway scenery accessories in FUD
Next Topic:K6 Telephone Box - OO (1:76, 4mm) Scale
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.