Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Frosted Detail and Spraypaint (Also, Material Info Wiki?)
Search Search  
Frosted Detail and Spraypaint (Also, Material Info Wiki?) [message #28048] Mon, 23 May 2011 17:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar artfulshrapnel  is currently offline artfulshrapnel
Go to my shop
So, I took my latest batch of prints, and based them with matte black Krylon spraypaint for painting, as I usually do. Everything is fine, except for those in the new Frosted Detail material.

They never dried. The paint has reacted with the surface of the plastic somehow, and formed a sticky, slightly greasy coating. I'm trying to figure out how they might be saved (Some sort of solvent reaction with the paint might help remove it? Or a hardener? Does anyone know what the hardener/accelerant is in sparaypaint?)

This gave me an idea. Something simple and low-maintenance that could really help improve the community. Perhaps there should be a "user experience" page for each material. Something like a Wiki editable by any user on the site, where we can leave notes for each other about processes that do and do not work, problems we've had and how we fixed them, etc.

Any thoughts on this from the powers that be?

[Updated on: Mon, 23 May 2011 17:38 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message