Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » e-mail review
Search Search  
e-mail review [message #24271] Sat, 26 February 2011 07:14 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi all,

First, I must say that, overall, I am very happy with the communication with Shapeways.
But I mentionned that I would like to review the different e-mails we received from Shapeways, and suggest some modifications.
So let's begin!

Here is the mail we receive when we sell an item:

Quote:

Hi ,

The following models were ordered from your Shop and will soon go in production:

1x D14 numbe...m 1 to 14 = $x.xx

Markup fee (3.5% of order total incl VAT) = - $y.yy
Total (incl VAT) = $z.zz
So start thinking what you are going to do with your mark up fee!
Right now we're making a physical copy of your design so that we can ship it to an
eager customer of ours. By ours I mean you and Shapeways.

NOTE: It may have been yourself who placed this order, in which case the information is not applicable.

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
Ralph, Maartje, Joost, Christel, Kevin and Petra
service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
Passionate about creating
www.shapeways.com

and here are the proposed corrections :
Quote:

Hi,

The following models were ordered from your Shop and will soon go in production:

1x D14 numbered from 1 to 14 = $x.xx in Indigo Strong and Flexible

Markup fee (3.5% of order total incl VAT) = - $y.yy
Total (incl VAT) = $z.zz

So start thinking what you are going to do with your markup fee!
Right now we're making a physical copy of your design so that we can ship it to an
eager customer of ours. By ours we mean you and Shapeways.

NOTE: It may have been yourself who placed this order, in which case the information is not applicable.

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team
Ralph, Maartje, Joost, Christel, Kevin and Petra
service@shapeways.com

Shapeways
Passionate about creating
www.shapeways.com

Basically, we need the name of the model to be written with no abbreviations, and we need to know the material in the text itself (it is in the attached file, btw). I am very happy to learn that my model was ordered in a new color, for instance.
And, as far as I know, when we order the model for ourself, there is no markup anymore, so we do not receive this e-mail (and this is to be discussed: we have no way to track item offered with no markup).
Any other idea?

[EDIT] "markup" was spelled "mark up", removed extra space after "Hi"
Furthermore "will soon go into production" suggests that the production did not started yet, while "Right now we're making a physical copy of your design" suggests it has actually started. There is a contradiction (or perhaps it began while we were reading the message Very Happy ) and anyways, the two sentences are redundant: the successive topics are order, production, markup fee, production again, shipping.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 February 2011 14:24 UTC]

So many things to design, so little time...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Where can I find ship models?
Next Topic:serious design flaw in ordering
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.