Home » Support » 3D Printing » Problem Update: Dimensions, but no volume
Search Search  
Problem Update: Dimensions, but no volume [message #21521] Fri, 10 December 2010 21:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar senshi  is currently offline senshi
Go to all my models
Hey everyone,

Continuing my adventure with the not-willingly-uploadable Elf, I now have a 'successful' upload, which features the right dimensions... but no volume! -_-
I'm stumped... Does anyone have any experience with this? I've tried inverting the normals, but no luck. =/

The model in-shop: http://www.shapeways.com/model/189202/christmas_caroler_elf. html?gid=ug19892

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

===============================
Me again. I'd really like to have this print ordered before Dec. 12th, but I'm not sure what this upload error means. =/
Quote:

-----------
Unfortunately, we were not able to ... print your product. The error message was: empty output.
----------

EDIT: Got a different error now: "Error while unifying: 17". I've tried recalculating the normals as well as inverting them, but neither worked. The only part I managed to get uploaded properly was the base of the figure.

I can wait for the automatic repair service, but I'm afraid it'll be too late then. Can anyone please help me? I'll attach the .zip in good faith that no-one will steal it, yada-yada, etc. Wink

Model info:
Extension - .zip (.wrl + .png)
Scale - 0.01 (to compensate for VRML scale. First upload returned the 'too big' error)
Modeling program - Blender 2.55
Exported to VRML97 (wrl) in blender 2.49

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

[Updated on: Sun, 12 December 2010 20:19 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Not printable
Next Topic:different view same model?
Goto Forum:
   Go