Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Magnets for Combinatory Manufacturing
Search Search  
 () 1 Vote(s)
Magnets for Combinatory Manufacturing [message #19236] Sat, 16 October 2010 20:19 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TerraCotta  is currently offline TerraCotta
Go to my shop

Combinatory Magnets[ 14 vote(s) ]
1.Yes, please! 14 / 100%
2.No, not what Shapeways is about. 0 / 0%

I've been doing some neat things with magnets and steel prints, and thinking that having neodymium magnets as a combinatory manufacturing option that shipped with items would be the single most awesome way to expand the possibilities of combinatory manufacturing with Shapeways. They would, of course, have to cost something, but with a small magnet in a standard size us designers would only need to buy a couple of them to explore lots of different designs, while Shapeways could buy them in bulk and get a reasonably good rate. What do you guys think? Here are just a sampling of the things it would enable:

fridge magnets
awesome desk toys
pieces that pull apart and attach very intuitively
levitated portions of models, pinpoint balanced, etc.
when combined with plastic portions to provide electric insulation, 3D printed motors!
etc....

what do people think?

sincerely,
Jeff

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Question about volume calc
Next Topic:Problem regarding my model .
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.