Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Normals in Blender
Search Search  
Normals in Blender [message #15893] Tue, 10 August 2010 22:22 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dskloet  is currently offline dskloet
Go to all my models
Hi,

I'm a total noob with 3D modeling and just starting using blender. I drew a curve and increased the Extrude value to make it 3D. Then I converted the object type to a mesh and thought I had something I could use.

But after uploading failed I found out that the bottom normals as well as the top normals are all facing upwards. This means the bottom ones are facing inside and the top ones are facing outside. And on upload this generates a windingcheck error. Recalculating normals doesn't seem to solve this. Can anyone help me to get all normals to face inwards so I don't fail the windingcheck?

Thanks!
David

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Problem with shapeways 3d previewer
Next Topic:Problem with volume calculation
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.