Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Pricing Analysis
Search Search  
Pricing Analysis [message #11626] Sat, 10 April 2010 14:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar rawkstar320  is currently offline rawkstar320
Go to my shop

How much of your order is from a different modeler?[ 14 vote(s) ]
1.<$5 6 / 43%
2.$5-$10 2 / 14%
3.$10-$25 4 / 29%
4.$25-$50 2 / 14%
5.$50-$100 0 / 0%
6.>$100 0 / 0%

Hey everyone, I was just thinking about pricing on Shapeways, and I decided to make a poll.

The reason I thought of this is because I have some rings on my shapeways shop with a markup of about $1-$2. I was checking out other rings that are simpler (but still very cool) that cost $20+ dollars. So, should I be charging that much for my rings? I have sold a few, but I know that I personally would have a hard time paying for them at the $20 mark because they are so small. Or should people be charging less for their rings so that they can sell more of them.

This is just one example of things ive seen, mostly because its the easiest to realize the markup on a small model.

Let me know what you think, and be sure to leave comments below. I think this could be beneficial to all Shapeways members because we will all know how we should price our models.

Some other things that I think would be interesting to know:

1.) How many items do you order from other modelers?
2.) What would you consider you "budget" for other models?
3.) Why to you choose to buy someone elses model? (Useful, Cool, too hard to make yourself..etc)
4.) How did you find the models that you purchased? (cruising the gallery, homepage exposure, shops, outside website, etc)

I dont want people to post info they would deem as "private" and I dont want people to think that I am trying to get private information. I am just really interested to see what people (in general) are willing to spend so we can grab some basic demographics and price our models accordingly.

Thanks everyone!
(feel free to add more Polls to this thread, i can think of 10 more that I want to post. haha)

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Check out http://JakeDrews.Com and http://WondrousWidgets.Com for more designs by Jake!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Gallery links to shops instead of users ?
Next Topic:Shapeways screen scraper
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.