Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Feedback~ :D
Search Search  
Feedback~ :D [message #11268] Wed, 31 March 2010 02:25 UTC
avatar akeno  is currently offline akeno
Go to all my models
Hihi

Here's some feedback that I wanted to give since being invited into the program (almost a year woot) that I think could make Shapeways better, I listed my stuff in order of somewhat importance but not necessity Razz

-Get Rid of the Voucher System Entirely
.I suggest nerfing the voucher system. It seems to be a headache and is easier just to give partial or full refunds back into customer's Paypal /or bank account if theres a problem. It becomes a hassle to follow with multiple partial refunds on some orders with vouchers even though there are records, its just easier to deposit and respend on the website then remembering voucher information.

.However, if the voucher system is insisted (I still am pretty firm on just a full refund), make the coupon section of the checkout be able to stack vouchers and discount % coupons that are sent with orders on business cards.. you can only do one or the other right now.

-Wall Thickness Script Update
.Two of my orders (just as an example) in the past have been cancelled by a overlooking mistake in the past when meeting the minimum wall thickness, both solid and hollow items, for just WSF, so I'm not exactly sure how this is calculated when the checker checks out the wall thickness in the upload script. Is there a way for the wall thickness checker from Shapeways to post the wall thickness it currently reads underneath the LxWxH dimensions in the model area? There could be Highest Thickness: and Smallest thickness: found areas. I'm still not clear how this works and if it works the way I think it does my models shouldn't have been second guessed since they were 1mm thick.

-Dedicated Wall Thickness / Problem Forsee'er For Ordered Models
.When a model is ordered sometimes the order gets cancelled on the 9th day out of the 10 day window that is given and is painful to wait 9 days just to find out that a thickness is not correct or hear feedback on a model that might give problems with fragile items such as sandstone when the production office finally gets to the model.

.Maybe a model checker for only models that have been ordered (and not just uploaded) with a check box on the item page that requires double checking for said material that could get a quick response. This would be more or so only for Sandstone and Color Sandstone because of the severe fragility.

-Live Chat "Agent" Feature via website or Skype
.More convenient then sending emails, sometimes its easier to actually talk live to someone either in typing or via voice instead of ping ponging emails back and forth. Communication can sometimes get jumbled in emails. It also is way more professional looking instead of just waiting on emails.

-Communication Improvement
.I know being from the US an average wait time response is around one day (for our hours) for service emails, and you're not guaranteed an average time frame response since it feels like all the departments contact each other through email (I've got alot of email responses with Fwd: etc, so just assuming here). There's a six hour gap between the east coast states and SW and assuming a 9-5 hour job.. so under that condition Shapeways closes at 11am EST/8am PST and opens at 3am for the States etc. It's hard getting the time frame right for email communication with work in the morning and having to wait till the next day because of the time difference. Chatting with a representative for 5-10 minutes before work seems easier.

-Forum Member Reputation
Some traditional forums have a "+Rep" feature where if a member gets enough +Reputation from the community itself, the moderators of the board usually reward them somehow. They are usually showing the helpfulness of the person or thread, and a number that says "Repped X amount of times" to show reliability etc. Maybe a 10% discount from Shapeways at a certain Rep once a month?

-Production Photography
.Someone mentioned this before, I really like this idea. It could also build a really great portfolio for your business and website Very Happy

-Be able to download your uploaded .zip file with VRML or .STL files with included texture maps.. etc.
This could be put on the actual model page under my designs with a link to redownload your mesh that you uploaded and that is stored on the Shapeways server. Computers die, so do electronics... and hard drives, so if any modifications needed to be made you have you fixed copy ready at hand for modification and ready to re upload. Also good if you work on multiple machines.

-Shapeways Live Member Chat Box
.Could be available to anyone over 10 forum posts (to prevent spam etc. Can easily be implemented with php and MySQL or javascript while linking forum member posts to it's availability Very Happy It'd be cool just to have a free for all discussion for those of us who live on these forums and might be able to help out easily live instead of bouncing through PM's.

-Home Page During Maintenance Time
.Should say " We'll be right back! " and not broken english, haha Laughing

-Invent a WSF 1000million dpi Color Printer, the CSF!
. I could keep dreaming, but hey. Very Happy

Oh PS - For any customers reading, Shapeways has an amazing customer service. Between Ms. Mar, Mr. Ralph, and Ms. Ty at the CS desk they go out of their way to go beyond your expectations and everything is amazing. Don't be afraid to ask them questions or have something changed via inquiry, it might take a while for a response due to where you are located but it's always a pleasure doing business with Shapeways and their team.

[Updated on: Wed, 31 March 2010 17:01 UTC]

Read Message
Previous Topic:Blank screen when posting to forum?
Next Topic:3D printing virus for STL file type
Goto Forum:
   Go