Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Nebwie needs help: simple extrusion doesn not work!
Search Search  
Nebwie needs help: simple extrusion doesn not work! [message #10966] Fri, 19 March 2010 15:31 UTC Go to previous message
avatar quirxi  is currently offline quirxi
Go to my shop
Hello,

have drawn a simple path in inkscape and extruded it with blender, which was not really a problem.
After that I exported the model into x3d and uploaded it to shapeways.
Then I received a mail that said that upload was successful, although something had to be fixed. But when you take a close look at the rendering they have done you can see that the model has some strange edges etc.
See here: http://www.shapeways.com/model/103251/tesselating_lizard.htm l

Trying to let the model print out by the shapeways team I received a email where they told me that the model has some too small dimensions.
But this just cannot be true since the model is really not very fancy, and there are no small dimensions ...

Maybe someone can give me some advice or help me to track down the error ?

I am really sorry that I have to bother you with this, but since I have spend almost two days with this I am close to give up ... Sad

thanks,
quirxi

• Attachment: lizard.zip
    (Size: 163.76KB, Downloaded 121 time(s))

_ . _ .
(_||_|||>

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Deleting Disjointed meshes in Rhino
Next Topic:Need fix
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.