Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Color in X3D files - help
Search Search  
Color in X3D files - help [message #8969] Thu, 14 January 2010 21:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GHP  is currently offline GHP
Go to my shop
I'm not sure whether it is necessary to have a separate texture file when uploading X3D files to Shapeways for color printing. I tried Z-painting an image onto one of my objects in MeshLab and saving it in the X3D format in two ways, once with the colors assigned to the vertices and once with the colors transferred to the faces. Shapeways allowed me to upload both of these, but the preview shows nothing. I think possibly this is because they are showing the object as completely black, the color I assigned to the vertices before Z-painting. The colors do show up in MeshLab when I reopen the files, so I know they got saved.

Do I have to transfer my colors to a bitmap in a PNG or JPEG format to get them uploaded, even for X3D files? If so, does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks for the help!

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Shells=Non-manifold error?
Next Topic:Non-manifold
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.