Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Manic manifold assistance
Search Search  
Manic manifold assistance [message #8022] Wed, 02 December 2009 00:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar notnorm  is currently offline notnorm
Go to my shop
Dear Shapeway community.

I am brand spanking new to the 3d printing world. I created an object in 3ds max, uploaded it to Shapeways to make sure the base structure would pass the tests and sculpted it in z brush. I imported it into 3ds max to re attach the hallow inside and got the ever dreaded non manifold error. I've tried running it through the non manifold filters in meshlab and shaken my fist at the heavens for making Magics $8000. I would just start from scratch again but this is a Christmas present and I fear that by the time I re sculpt or manage to sort this error out it will be well into January. I know this forum is flooded with fools like myself but I would be very appreciative of any benevolent help.

The scale is in Millimeters.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Another Manifold Error
Next Topic:Big Problems with Mozart...
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.