Home » Community » Work in progress » Please help: minimum bounding box size error for small piece - don't understand
Search Search  
Please help: minimum bounding box size error for small piece - don't understand [message #71095] Sat, 06 July 2013 13:56 UTC Go to previous message
avatar blainkennedy  is currently offline blainkennedy
Go to all my models
I'm trying to print this small piece (h x w x d) 9 x 53 x 14mm and got the following auto error message:

"Your model was too small for any of our 3D Printers. Our printers have a minimum bounding box size (h x w x d) of 0.25 x 0.25 x 0.25 cm / 0.098 x 0.098 x 0.098 inches. Don't fret, we have a tutorial explaining how you can scale your product: http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/converting-with-accutrans -3d."

This is a very small piece but I've printed other very small pieces before and not run into this error so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Intended material is bronze. I triple checked the SW file and the units are all mm to 4 decimals. Is it just a matter of thickening up the spindly clip portion of the design?

[Updated on: Sat, 06 July 2013 14:01 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Animatronic Baby called NANO
Next Topic:Trying to make a Personalize Stamp...
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.