Home » Support » 3D Applications » Combine multiple UV'd objects
Search Search  
icon5.gif  Combine multiple UV'd objects [message #68834] Wed, 29 May 2013 14:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar canadian90  is currently offline canadian90
Go to all my models
I'm desperately hoping someone knows the answer to this. I'm trying to combine two objects after editing their separate UV maps. For example, say I created a bust of a person and edited their UV so it looks perfect. Then, I'm told the model needs a base, something to sit on. Since these two objects need to become one in order to export as a single .X3D, I'm having many problems trying to keep the UV maps separate.

In case that doesn't make sense, here's another scenario. Say I have a character fully textured and ready for print in colored sandstone. But, now I want to add a weapon in his hands that is also fully textured and ready for print. How can I combine the two objects without having to redo both of their UV maps?

If any of you can think of a way to do this in any program, please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:1.5 inch cube incorrectly shows up as 3.8 inches in Shapeways software
Next Topic:Creating textured x3d/wrl for sandstone printing
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.