Home » Support » 3D Design » Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong.
Search Search  
Something is wrong, but I do not get what is wrong. [message #67659] Wed, 08 May 2013 19:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lgrfbs  is currently offline lgrfbs
Go to my shop
My friend leifsson asked my to make some stl-files, but now we do not understand what is wrong with the design.

This is what leifsson get in the email + the images:
Quote:

Hi leifsson,

We're really sorry to let you know that there was a problem with your recent order. These design(s) could not be 3D printed in the material selected:

Grundborr-Expander2 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Reason: Bad file
Additional information: The file contains shells which aren't attached correctly, printing it will result in them not being attached and lost in the printer.
Grundborr-Expander1 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Additional information: The file contains shells which aren't attached correctly, printing it will result in them not being attached and lost in the printer.
Grundborr2 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail
Grundborr1 X6 in Frosted Ultra Detail

Please take a look at the attached images for further explanation. We've highlighted a few areas that will cause issues when printing.

Given the nature of 3D printing (converting digital files into physical products), every now and then we catch designs that will be too fragile to create in certain materials. Though we do our best to defy the laws of physics and try to find these issues as early as possible, some are only found during the manufacturing process.

We have credited your account, which you can use to purchase anything on Shapeways. If you do not wish to order anything else at this time, please let us know and we will arrange a refund.

Amount Credited: €###.##

View My Credits

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Your continued satisfaction is our top priority, so if there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know!

Kind regards,

The Shapeways Service Team

index.php?t=getfile&id=32036&private=0

The file "All files.zip" do have all stl-files and images from shapeways.

if the stl-file not was correct, way did them pass the first test of files?
So can any tell what is wrong in this design?

Member of JemtRallarna

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Looking for a website with 3D Food design layouts
Next Topic:Printed Threads?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.