Home » Community » General Discussion » I am trying to slim down/optimize my model (for cost). Anybody have any advice?
Search Search  
I am trying to slim down/optimize my model (for cost). Anybody have any advice? [message #65467] Thu, 04 April 2013 05:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar desionalpha  is currently offline desionalpha
Go to my shop
Hello, I am new to this forum (and 3D printing in general). I am just looking for some helpful criticism and advice. The model below has been hollowed out, hole added to the base and is roughly 4.5 inch tall. I am really looking for some good tips and tricks to streamline my workflow and my models cost efficiency further. I would love to be able to print it (or something like it) at around 5 inches without it costing me an arm and a leg.

My workflow is a work in progress but so far I seem to really dig designing my models in Sculptris and cleaning them up/editing in Meshmixer. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I am also looking into joining a hackerspace where I live. They have a 3D printer on hand and I think I will learn more there as well.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Wax print for investment casting
Next Topic:Accommodating For Different Materials
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.