Home » Community » General Discussion » I am trying to slim down/optimize my model (for cost). Anybody have any advice?
Search Search  
I am trying to slim down/optimize my model (for cost). Anybody have any advice? [message #65467] Thu, 04 April 2013 05:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar desionalpha  is currently offline desionalpha
Go to my shop
Hello, I am new to this forum (and 3D printing in general). I am just looking for some helpful criticism and advice. The model below has been hollowed out, hole added to the base and is roughly 4.5 inch tall. I am really looking for some good tips and tricks to streamline my workflow and my models cost efficiency further. I would love to be able to print it (or something like it) at around 5 inches without it costing me an arm and a leg.

My workflow is a work in progress but so far I seem to really dig designing my models in Sculptris and cleaning them up/editing in Meshmixer. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I am also looking into joining a hackerspace where I live. They have a 3D printer on hand and I think I will learn more there as well.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Wax print for investment casting
Next Topic:Accommodating For Different Materials
Goto Forum:
   Go