Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Complicated design, Help!
Search Search  
Complicated design, Help! [message #65439] Wed, 03 April 2013 19:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar CunninghamQuillAG  is currently offline CunninghamQuillAG
Go to all my models
I have a complex design for a truss structure i'm designing for work (I work in an architecture firm) and I keep getting various error messages when I try to upload it to the shapeways website. I have used meshlab and netfabb/netfabb cloud to fix the holes and try to fix the flipped triangles. However, when I reuploaded the file, I got this message: "Triangles with mixed winding order were found." I am unsure what exactly this means. I have been trying to work with the shapeways service people, but they just keep sending me to different tutorials, so I figured that I would try posting on here.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do with my model at this point or ways to fix it? I have included a screenshot of the model just so you can get a feel for what I am talking about.

Thanks!

index.php?t=getfile&id=30033&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Artcam or other software?
Next Topic:Physical properties of WSF material
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.