Home » Developers » Shapeways API » Help with Automatic Ordering from my Site?
Search Search  
Help with Automatic Ordering from my Site? [message #64287] Sun, 17 March 2013 08:25 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Bathsheba  is currently offline Bathsheba
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
So I'm looking at the API docs with my 1990's web brain...

This setup automates uploading a model, so you can link a customer to its page, OK. And it can put a model in the cart. But it's your cart, right? I.e. you can't put a model in a cart and then refer the customer to that cart so they are prompted to check out with it?

But here's my real question. At Shapewright and MixeeMe, when you buy a model you check out through their sites, you don't visit Shapeways at all. I understand how the API is sending those models to SW. But it seems like it doesn't automate passing a shipping address, or any other customer information. Does that mean these setups have a human being who every day looks at their incoming orders and turns around and types them into SW's cart? They'd have to check out with each one individually, since they're all going to different addresses. Crying or Very Sad

Or are they having every day's huge (I imagine) cartful of models shipped to themselves and then forwarding them to customers? That seems even more unscalable. Dead

I want to join the club and have a geometry generator and make it automatically sell models fulfilled by SW. But I'd like my customers to check out through my own site, and I don't want to have to touch the orders. It looks like these sites must be doing that, but I'm not getting how.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

[Updated on: Sun, 17 March 2013 08:30 UTC]

-Bathsheba
http://bathsheba.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:price api responding with 401
Next Topic:oauth for 'user' only app - no consumer
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.