Home »  » 3D Applications » PROBLEM IN EXPORTING TEXTURES FROM C4D
Search Search  
PROBLEM IN EXPORTING TEXTURES FROM C4D [message #63993] Wed, 13 March 2013 14:08 UTC
avatar ormaybenot  is currently offline ormaybenot
Go to all my models
Hi! I need to create a parallelepipedon (40x40x3mm) with smooth edges with a small hole and apply two different textures on the two opposite sides, then send it to Shapeways for 3D printing in fullcolor sandstone.
I'm doing it this way:
- I create the solid with VectorWorks (by subtracting an extruded cilinder from an extruded parallelepidedon with smooth edges); I also tried to extrude the square with the hole in it, but I got a worse result in the dxf export
- I export the model in dxf format and open it with C4D release 10
- I select the polygons that form the side I want to apply the texture to, and I apply the texture to the saved selection keeping the solid as one object
- I do the same with the second side and apply the second texture
- I export to vrlm 2 format, but the file I get doesn't reference the textures (my version of C4D doesn't offer any setting for exporting in vrlm 2)

NB: in one previous attempt I applied one texture only to the entire object wich was in that case a parallelepipedon with no rounded corners and no hole in it and - with the same exact procedure - it worked and the vrlm 2 file had the texture referenced.
I checked the vrlm file with a text editor and saw that it didn't reference at all the texture files, so It's not a matter of embedding the texture into the zip file.
Even re-opening the vrlm file in C4D shows a no texture solid.

Can anybody help me please?

Thank you very much,
Ormaybenot.

Read Message
Previous Topic:Any free 3D boolean software?
Next Topic:Missed and wrong Piece after Upload
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.