Home » Community » It arrived! » Memento from my game - but high detail ones are way lower quality than the low detail ones
Search Search  
icon5.gif  Memento from my game - but high detail ones are way lower quality than the low detail ones [message #63935] Tue, 12 March 2013 22:10 UTC Go to previous message
avatar increpare  is currently offline increpare
Go to all my models
I'm a game developer, and've been working on something for the past six months. It's still a ways of being done, but I thought I'd try get some props from it printed out - in this case, slightly weird fork-things (3d models of it can be seen on the teaser page here).

I got 5 black strong and flexible, and 2 black detail - which I assumed would be better quality, but they're really inferior - on the right here

index.php?t=getfile&id=28907&private=0

The one on the left, as you can see, is super dark matt and lovely, the one on the right (the detail one) is really fuzzy/not that black, really uneven.

It's not that big a deal, I was just trying them out - I'm happy with the cheaper ones and will go for that in future if I ever happen to get more made. But it's weird that the ones that were twice as expensive turned out so much worse. Is this what I should expect? I didn't see any indication that I could expect this sort of finish on the description page.

Anyway, it's neat having 3d things!

(and yep, I dropped Customer Services a line and pointed them at this thread)

[Updated on: Wed, 13 March 2013 12:20 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Best Shapeways delivery yet
Next Topic:Fairy
Goto Forum:
   Go