Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » 3d Printed Soundwave (dynamic)
Search Search  
3d Printed Soundwave (dynamic) [message #60402] Fri, 18 January 2013 19:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GabrielGullbergh  is currently offline GabrielGullbergh
Go to my shop
Hiyall,

I have an idea involving 3d printed extruded soundwaves, sort of similar to the Vibe iphone case process.

Also similar concept:
Tōhoku Japanese Earthquake Audio Sculpture
http://www.lukejerram.com/sites/lukejerram/files/system/project_images/Earthquake_sculpture_Jerram.jpg

I am wondering if this is at all possible without collaborating directly with shapeways as Ana Hevasi did at SXSW (assuming SW is too busy and I cant wait to attend the next meetup).

I would need some sort of program that analyzes a sound clip and outputs extruded 3d soundwave model. I could probably write a program that does that with some help and about 6 months time but who's that patient....

Only quick way I see is to manually create the soundwaves myself with multiple software programs.

Wondering if anythis like this exists yet. Any ideas suggestions are much appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Staples Introduces 3D Printing Service... in Netherlands
Next Topic:Sprues Spruesss
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.