Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » I have a .eps file - do I need to convert it to get a print
Search Search  
I have a .eps file - do I need to convert it to get a print [message #59466] Wed, 02 January 2013 12:15 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Dean100  is currently offline Dean100
Go to all my models
Hi - Happy New Year everyone.

Complete novice here - I was referred here by a 3D printing service who recommended this community very strongly. I have to say that having been through the site I am blown away by what is happening in the world of 3D printing etc. I had no idea you could get just about anything printed and using different materials etc. I saw a feature about prntrbot (http://printrbot.com/) and thought it was quite cool - this takes things to a completely different level!! More people should know about this!!

Anyway - before I get carried away - I have checked out the compatible software page and unfortunately am none the wiser as to whether a .eps file can be used in its native format to create a 3D model. Do I need some conversion work first to a different format and if so, can you recommend anyone that can do this for me (Shapeways even?)

Thanks

Dean100

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:embedding magnets
Next Topic:Incorporate a Lapel Pin with the 3D Model
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.