Home »  » 3D Applications » Projecting Images in Meshlab?
Search Search  
Projecting Images in Meshlab? [message #58677] Sun, 16 December 2012 05:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar jaxelrod  is currently offline jaxelrod
Go to all my models
I have a project which requires me to orthogonally project an image directly onto a rectangular (in the xy plane) surface. The surface has large variation in z-elevation since it is a topographic dataset. However, whenever I try to project my raster layer onto the mesh in Meshlab, it never quite aligns correctly (the image is projected such that it does not entirely cover the mesh). I have a suspicion that this has something to do with Meshlab wanting to use perspective when calculating its projection, but I DON'T want that. I merely want to drop each pixel value from the image directly down onto the mesh.

Does anyone know how to do this? It really doesn't even need to happen in Meshlab if it can be done elsewhere (I have Autodesk Maya, but have never used it before. I'm also proficient in MATLAB, which is where I have been generating the STL meshes I've been working with in Meshlab). I'm looking for a finished product ready to export as .x3d or .wrl for color printing in sandstone.

-Thanks in advance from a first-time user
Jeremy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Does Shapeways support texture filtering?
Next Topic:Shape Ways & Sizing
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.