Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance
Search Search  
Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58171] Fri, 07 December 2012 15:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mid7night  is currently offline Mid7night
Go to my shop
I'll just put it out there: I'M PISSED.

I designed an RC plane that could be printed and easily assembled, and I've had nothing but trouble ever since I ordered it, which is really pissing me off because I usually NEVER have problems with Shapeways. So yeah, maybe I'm venting here a bit. I emailed Customer Service, and Mitchell and Christel have tried to be helpful, but there's a glitch in the invoice system somewhere, and it's holding up my order which is already 2 weeks late because it broke once. So that's why I'm pissed.

I placed an order for an RC plane I designed, it broke during printing so they cancelled the print and credited me the order amount. Customer service was also nice enough to give me a shipping-credit to help make up for the fact that my original order was placed using a Black Friday 20%-off discount code, and thus my 'store credit' was not for the full-price. Mitchell rocks. Smile

So I fixed the problem area, reuploaded and reorded my plane. Here's where things get screwy...

At the payment confirmation page, I applied my store credit and entered the Holiday Discount code (15% off), and it calculated that I owed just $8.43. So I hit PAY, it took me to Paypal and I completed the transaction. Only NOW, if I go back and view my invoice, it says I still owe $47.73, because it says I only had a store credit of $183.99?!?!

Here's the quick math:
(remember I was given a shipping credit as well, so there's no shipping cost in the calculation)
Original order (also store credit amount): $225.22
New order: $274.88
Holiday discount: 15%

So when I checked out, this is the calculation it did:

$274.88 x 0.85 = $233.65
$23..65 - $225.22 = $8.43

That's it, that's what it charged me and that's what I paid. I have NO clue where this mysterious $183.99 number came from, but there's a glitch in your system somewhere guys, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:new? @ symbol
Next Topic:Another video image preview bug
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.