Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » 3D Design » Manifold Error on combined multi-object model
Search Search  
Manifold Error on combined multi-object model [message #5407] Sat, 25 July 2009 06:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar beekerstudios  is currently offline beekerstudios
Go to my shop
I am trying to upload this model, and no matter what I do to fix it the manifold issue is not resolving itself.

I am modeling in maya 09.

I have a simpler model, that I was having the same error on and I resolved by doing a "cleanup" on it, and there is a checkbox for non-manifold geometry. I tried doing the same on this model, and it's not working.

Now I am sure this model is a complete mess, but it is what it is. It's basically a logo, or I call it a shield, that a bevel/extruded, at various depths.

I actually want it bent around a radius, and I know how to do that, but for complexity sake, I want to get this "flat" version of the file working first.

I would rather know where/what is causing the issue, rather than just having it fixed.

Thanks in advance!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Shapeways Creator Files
Next Topic:Request/Suggestions : "3D-parts database"
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.