Home » Community » General Discussion » WSF Separation Distance
Search Search  
WSF Separation Distance [message #55542] Thu, 18 October 2012 00:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AlanHudson is currently online AlanHudson
Go to my shop
I work here
I'm working in WSF and having some issues understanding when a hole will be preserved.

I have the following design:

index.php?t=getfile&id=21817&private=0

My hope was most of the holes would be preserved. It seems like most where not. Is there a guideline for how small a hole can be. I can't find one on the material page. I feel like it used to be there.

it feels like the powder could not be removed from the holes. I made this 1mm thick so perhaps it would have broken if the depowder air was really forced onto it.

If I make this part thicker do you think it can be better cleaned(if that is the problem)? Or do I really just need to make the holes larger?

Originally the holes where larger but then the wallthickness was below 0.7mm. I tried to respect that more by thickening the lines but I'm not really happy with the final outcome. A lot of the holes are 0.5mm square or greater, they have an indent but don't go all the way through.

I'll put a picture of the 3d printed object next message.

• Attachment: leaf.png
    (Size: 332.17KB, Downloaded 117 time(s))

Director 3D Tools

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Specific Engineering Tables
Next Topic:Where are all the FREE downloads?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.