Home » Community » Introductions » Hello, new to Shapeways
Search Search  
Hello, new to Shapeways [message #52325] Mon, 06 August 2012 14:44 UTC
avatar Matthew_Bailey  is currently offline Matthew_Bailey
Go to all my models
I am new to Shapeways, although I have known about it for a while.

And since I am back in school (at a rather late age - I'll be 50 by the time I get my degrees - two of them), I am trying to incorporate as much 3D design and 3D printing into my studies as I can (hard to do with a Cognitive Science degree, less difficult with the Cybernetics degree - I'm at UCLA).

So, it seemed natural that I join Shapeways and try to get some of the 3D models I have created produced.

If anyone can tell me which Apps are best for Shapeways, and if the models produced here can be used as production masters for white-metal casting... I'd appreciate it.

I currently know AutoCAD pretty well, but have been told there are better Applications for 3D printing.

I have been learning Mudbox and Maya as well, but they seem to be more geared for Video and Film.

I hope the file I attached is visible. It is an example of something I want to produce as a miniature, for gaming.

Read Message
Previous Topic:Hi everyone
Next Topic: Hi Everyone
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.