Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Instructions » N to HOn30 2-8-0 Steam loco conversion project
Search Search  
N to HOn30 2-8-0 Steam loco conversion project [message #52027] Sat, 28 July 2012 14:02 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pinddle  is currently offline pinddle
Go to my shop
I'm developing a set of parts to convert a Bachmann N gauge 2-8-0 steam loco into a narrow gauge version for HOn30.The idea is (or at least was) to make the conversion fairly simple, and to leave the choice to the builder as to how much work is involved.Most parts will all be available separately to give a choice for the builder.
The parts being developed are:
Tender body - done
Cab - done ( 2 versions, the mk.1 is in the photos )
Pilot - done
Air-pump - done
Chimney - done
Domes - done ( new hollow version - done )
Headlight - done
Bell - done
Turbo Generator - done

Some of these parts are available from other sources, I'm developing them because they are not easy to buy where I live.

This kit was originally developed for the DC version. I have now adapted some of the parts to fit the DCC version. Scroll down to the bottom for instructions specific for the DCC version.

Now for some pictures.First, a before and after comparison.Then some of a nearly finished model.
index.php?t=getfile&id=18989&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18990&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18991&private=0

Next,I'll be showing how I did the conversion with the parts available so far.

• Attachment: conv.1.jpg
    (Size: 100.87KB, Downloaded 2499 time(s))

• Attachment: conv.2.jpg
    (Size: 79.18KB, Downloaded 2354 time(s))

• Attachment: conv.3.jpg
    (Size: 77.46KB, Downloaded 2342 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2013 23:08 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:NCNGRR Caboose No.1
Next Topic:Alert Knight: Assembly
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.