Home » Support » 3D Design » Wall thickness check without ordering?
Search Search  
Wall thickness check without ordering? [message #4762] Fri, 05 June 2009 14:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lorddarthvik  is currently offline lorddarthvik
Go to my shop
Hi there!
This post is mostly aimed at the Shapeways team, but all of the community may be interested in this, so I am posting it here.

@Shapeways team:
I have had a wall thickness issue with the latest model I ordered, so I will have to re-model it. The models shape is pretty complicated, so I´m sure I can´t completely check it for wall thickness issues by myself. As I wouldn´t like to stress your team and myself with ordering the model 2-3 more times (wait time till feedback, lots of work with canceling the order and returning the payment on your part and so on), I would like to ask if you have a way of checking it fast and sending a simple feedback in email. Also, if this is possible, whom should I send the mail including my model?

If there is an automated way, it would be nice to see it implemented in the shapeways "my models" page. I think that lots of us would rather use that then go through all our models with a 1x1x1mm box object comparing the models wall thickness.

Another question is, what do you consider a wall? How large is that part that you count as a "wall", and what is considered as "detail part" which may be smaller then 1-2mm thick? I am asking this because I did read the faq/tutorial section about it, but I have already ordered multiple prints which have thinner/smaller details then 1mm, and they came out alright.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message