Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Quaternion julia set [math art]
Search Search  
Quaternion julia set [math art] [message #68019] Wed, 15 May 2013 00:28 UTC Go to previous message
avatar RogerN  is currently offline RogerN
Go to all my models
Well my 2nd model has arrived, and I love the appearance after painting it. I applied a single coat of acrylic paint with a metallic finish - no primer was necessary.

Quaternion Julia Set
index.php?t=getfile&id=32442&private=0

The mesh was generated by a custom C# program and then cleaned up a bit using Blender. Frankly I could go broke printing all the fractals I'm interested in... I've love to set up a shelf or two with nothing but mathematical art.

The biggest challenge I encountered was generating a nice mesh from a 3D isosurface which doesn't exceed the maximum number of vertices... I'm using a marching cubes algorithm for creating the mesh, and one of the downsides is that it uses the same vertex density all over rather than where you really need the detail.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Another Turtle
Next Topic:Impossible Twist by OSKAR
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.