Home » Community » General Discussion » Ship in a bottle
Search Search  
Ship in a bottle [message #62330] Mon, 18 February 2013 18:53 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GarySG  is currently offline GarySG
Go to my shop
I've posted several questions in the last couple days regarding the wax support of the TP and FD/FUD plastics because I'm currently designing a ship in a bottle, where the bottle would be the solid plastic with a hollowed out ship inside, where the wax would be entrapped.

I've come to understand, from reading around, that the team at shapeways will pass my design if they realize that this is what I'm intentionally trying to do. How would I communicate across to them that I intend for the wax to be inside the model? Else they'll reject the design. I seems pretty apparent though, haha.

I've attached an unfinished photo so you know what I'm talking about. And some people have said that it's against regulation to have the wax entrapped, yet I've seen several models printed where that's exactly the case.

index.php?t=getfile&id=27519&private=0

"Hm, I'm so hungry I could eat an entire cow. Gerard, fire up the printer!"

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Seeking advice about 3D printing, animation and hand-made sculpture
Next Topic:wall thickness for Stainless steel
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.