Home » Community » Introductions » Hello. Looking for advise.
Search Search  
icon10.gif  Hello. Looking for advise. [message #59286] Fri, 28 December 2012 04:16 UTC
avatar Frick  is currently offline Frick
Go to all my models
Hello everyone,

My names is Jason last name is Frick. I live in Arizona but i'm originally from Michigan.

I have a career in marine aquarium sales and technology. (I sell aquarium equipment and supplies through a wholesale outfit. ) While years of dealing with aquarium equipment i have developed some ideas of my own. Specifically in filtration. That's what brings me here. I have been searching for my first printer, but there are some many choices I don't know where to begin.

I am not sure but this forum looked like a fairly neutral place, no sponsorship to one printer or owned by one certain brand.. So I thought i might be able to get a good opinion, rather than be subjected to which model. of only one brand.

I have some experience with Google Sketch Up. That is as far as my software experience goes. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

I need to buy my first printer. Here's what i would like for advise;
Easy to put together and use. dah.
A good sized printing platform (200mm x 200mm x 150mm) (8"x 8"x 6") or bigger.
Software rundown. What should i learn to use that might be the most universal and useful to me?
Resolution.? I got know idea. When it come to micron i think particles that need to be filtered out of water. LOL Any analogies or references would be helpful.
II want to build prototypes with a 3D printer for now. So i think i only need one printer head.

Thanks in advance.

Read Message
Previous Topic:mechanical engineering student with an artistic left hand
Next Topic:Hey y'all total noob here!
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.