Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance
Search Search  
Invoice glitch: Outstanding balance [message #58171] Fri, 07 December 2012 15:52 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mid7night  is currently offline Mid7night
Go to my shop
I'll just put it out there: I'M PISSED.

I designed an RC plane that could be printed and easily assembled, and I've had nothing but trouble ever since I ordered it, which is really pissing me off because I usually NEVER have problems with Shapeways. So yeah, maybe I'm venting here a bit. I emailed Customer Service, and Mitchell and Christel have tried to be helpful, but there's a glitch in the invoice system somewhere, and it's holding up my order which is already 2 weeks late because it broke once. So that's why I'm pissed.

I placed an order for an RC plane I designed, it broke during printing so they cancelled the print and credited me the order amount. Customer service was also nice enough to give me a shipping-credit to help make up for the fact that my original order was placed using a Black Friday 20%-off discount code, and thus my 'store credit' was not for the full-price. Mitchell rocks. Smile

So I fixed the problem area, reuploaded and reorded my plane. Here's where things get screwy...

At the payment confirmation page, I applied my store credit and entered the Holiday Discount code (15% off), and it calculated that I owed just $8.43. So I hit PAY, it took me to Paypal and I completed the transaction. Only NOW, if I go back and view my invoice, it says I still owe $47.73, because it says I only had a store credit of $183.99?!?!

Here's the quick math:
(remember I was given a shipping credit as well, so there's no shipping cost in the calculation)
Original order (also store credit amount): $225.22
New order: $274.88
Holiday discount: 15%

So when I checked out, this is the calculation it did:

$274.88 x 0.85 = $233.65
$23..65 - $225.22 = $8.43

That's it, that's what it charged me and that's what I paid. I have NO clue where this mysterious $183.99 number came from, but there's a glitch in your system somewhere guys, and I shouldn't have to pay extra for it.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:new? @ symbol
Next Topic:Another video image preview bug
Goto Forum:
   Go