Home » Community » It arrived! » Knight toy arrived!
Search Search  
Knight toy arrived! [message #57656] Thu, 29 November 2012 08:57 UTC Go to previous message
avatar bummzack  is currently offline bummzack
Go to all my models
So I thought it would be pretty awesome to create a custom action-figure for my godchild. I went ahead and modeled everything in Blender. In this thread you can see some screenshots of the 3D model.

I connected everything with sprues and ordered it. To my surprise everything was pretty much smooth sailing (model was considered printable and shipped pretty soon after ordering). I was really unsure, since this was my first print ever.

So here's what I received:
index.php?t=getfile&id=23491&private=0

Quite honestly: I'm blown away by the quality. I've seen some prints created with a makerbot and these don't even close to what I got here.
What surprised me is that White Strong and Flexible isn't that flexible at all. I thought it would be less rigid and that messed up my design a bit. I was hoping that the fingers would be thin enough to be bendable (1.7mm), so that the sword and shield would snap into place easily. That's not the case, so I had to widen the gap a bit using a nail file. But after some tweaking, everything fit together nicely.

Here are two more pictures of the assembled knight, front with turned torso and back.

index.php?t=getfile&id=23492&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=23493&private=0

Next up: Painting!

• Attachment: web-parts.jpg
    (Size: 51.36KB, Downloaded 336 time(s))

• Attachment: web-front.jpg
    (Size: 72.35KB, Downloaded 337 time(s))

• Attachment: web-back.jpg
    (Size: 104.00KB, Downloaded 339 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Toon Skull On Fire
Next Topic:Christmas Snow Flake tea light
Goto Forum:
   Go