Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Original Train & Rail
Search Search  
Original Train & Rail [message #26741] Fri, 29 April 2011 16:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar fx  is currently offline fx
Go to my shop
I write under my second username (my other is... fx2 -what a surprise!-).Since the beginning of the Shapeways private beta launch in mid 2008, I printed railway stuff using Shapeways. Until now, it was only for myself.

Since we can't open a second shop under the same username, I used my "old" username. After several attempts where several javascripts errors were thrown -the same kind of errors that led me in the past to create my second account !-, I was able to open it! Smile

I create some original railway scale accessories that aren't made by any manufacturer I'm aware of. I will testprint them in the new material as soon I hit the $25 min. order. they have some fine features, but I think the parts should look nice once printed, or at least be recognisable... I already printed parts in the past* with this technology.
I'm really wondering if Shapeways can be a suitable platform to sell this kind of very specialized scenery accessories or if I need to use a well-known online auction site to sell repackaged items... Future will tell.

*Shapeways didn't existed then, or maybe as top-secret early alpha under another name...

Shapeways shop first page seems to be well indexed by Google. However that's apparently not the case with the product pages.That's why I try the following below.

---Please don't mind, gg indexing experiment below---
H0 1:87 hydrant / borne d'incendie à l'échelle 1/87ème HO

[Updated on: Fri, 29 April 2011 16:06 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:A Default Material
Next Topic:Improvement voting system
Goto Forum: