Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » It arrived! » Steel charity relay baton
Search Search  
Steel charity relay baton [message #19562] Sat, 23 October 2010 16:49 UTC Go to previous message
avatar pittance  is currently offline pittance
Go to my shop
(tried to insert an image but I can't resize and it's huge - please see the attachment for a picture)

I designed this as a relay baton for a group of young graduates in my company who undertook a charity relay (in aid of the Great Western Air Ambulance) through a lot of aerospace sites in the UK as part of the BAC100 celebrations (100 years of aerospace on Bristol)

It's antique bronze finish steel featuring outline models of some famous aircraft linked with Bristol and should be auctioned soon - we hope it will raise a good amount of money.

I was really pleased with the finish and, having had a white strong and flexible prototype made I was also gratified by the 'heft' of the steel model - I know steel should be heavy but it did make it feel very nice.

Thanks also go to Shapeways for great efforts to meet a deadline I'd shaved a little close...

• Attachment: IMAG0460.jpg
    (Size: 793.40KB, Downloaded 200 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Bram's Square by OSKAR
Next Topic:Normandy Townhouse
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.