Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: It arrived!
 Topic: Alternating Skewb by OSKAR
Alternating Skewb by OSKAR [message #78606] Sat, 09 November 2013 19:20 UTC
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Alternating Skewb was suggested by Bram Cohen at the Twisty Puzzles Forum after discussing Alternating Cube. It is a Skewb in which turns must alternate between clockwise and counter-clockwise. A geared flip-flop mechanism inside assures that every clockwise turn is followed by a counter-clockwise turn and vice verse.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy at my Shapeways Shop.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=44674&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=44675&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=44676&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=44677&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=44678&private=0

Topic: Kat Dragon pin 3.25" in additional materials.
Kat Dragon pin 3.25" in additional materials. [message #78400] Thu, 07 November 2013 15:43 UTC
avatar 0kat_kingart  is currently offline 0kat_kingart
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=44533&private=0i just got Kat Dragon pin 3.25" models in raw bronze, that looks great! Also the pin models, printed in strong and flexible plastic in red, blue and violet, look better than i thought! The surfaces have a nice rich matte velvet like finish. i attached pin back findings to them and the inexpensive plastic material is strong but light weight. These plastic pins will look great on light weight fabrics! Happy to get these pins and actually hold them in my hands. They look and feel excellent! This design is also ready to order for the public in a pendant form 3.25" and 2" long. 0kat_kingart
index.php?t=getfile&id=44534&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=44535&private=0

[Updated on: Thu, 07 November 2013 15:45 UTC]

Topic: Kat Dragon pin 3.25"
Kat Dragon pin 3.25" [message #78151] Mon, 04 November 2013 15:11 UTC
avatar 0kat_kingart  is currently offline 0kat_kingart
Go to my shop
i received the total of 10 Kat Dragon pin prints in ultra frosted detail and they are looking good. i put pin backs on them and am presently hand painting them. i refined the pin model design to work out the glitches in the printing process and the new design has been ordered by me with no hold ups, hopefully i will get the re worked models printed in black detail, steel and strong and flexible colors today. Will post pics of these newest models in my shop as i get them. 0kat_kingart

• Attachment: IMG_5022.JPG
    (Size: 6.35MB, Downloaded 41 time(s))

Topic: Credit Card Sized Thickness Samples
Credit Card Sized Thickness Samples [message #77921] Thu, 31 October 2013 08:22 UTC
avatar MichielCornelissen  is currently offline MichielCornelissen
Go to my shop
These have been useful to me so many times, but I never got around to publishing them. Well, no fancy production, but here they are! You can order them, and they're available for download too; if you would like to modify them, or just print a subset or something.

Cheers, Michiel

https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_273984_1543074_1383207100.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/model/273984/credit-card-sized-thi ckness-samples.html

www.michielcornelissen.com
twitter: @michiel_ontwerp
 Topic: Impossible triangles
Impossible triangles [message #77602] Sat, 26 October 2013 16:53 UTC
avatar eriban  is currently offline eriban
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I have created more variants of my impossible triangle model, and just received them printed in Strong and Flexible, in various colors.

The four new models are shown in the middle. They are surrounded by earlier prints of the first model. More specifically from left to right: Cubed in Antique Bronze Matte (a print of the first model), Normal in Violet Purple S&F, Mini in Royal Blue S&F, Compact in Coral Red S&F, Cubed&Compact in Hot Pink S&F, and again Cubed, this time in Violet Purple S&F.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43762&private=0

The shapes have many similarities in shape and size, which makes for nice combinations. For example, here are the Normal and Cubed version shown together.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43763&private=0

All models are available in my shop.

I was inspired to make these variations after creating an animation of the impossible triangle. A first version, still without sound, can be found on YouTube . Now I only need this video to get viral. When that happens, everyone will want a physical souvenir to remember this animation by, and the sales will go sky high! Wink

Anyway, I hope you like these new variants.

• Attachment: DSCN0356a.jpg
    (Size: 173.80KB, Downloaded 139 time(s))

• Attachment: DSCN0295a.jpg
    (Size: 75.12KB, Downloaded 144 time(s))

Follow Eriban@Facebook to stay in touch
 Topic: Dice
Dice [message #77431] Thu, 24 October 2013 05:41 UTC
avatar MrNibbles  is currently offline MrNibbles
Go to my shop
Well this is not Earth shattering 3D design but I decided to give all the kids in the family some dice this year as holiday presents (along with cold hard cash). My prototypes (0.64 inch or 1.63 cm sized) came in and they look nice. I also had some one inch versions made. For presents the small ones seem a bit cheapish and the large ones are just a little too large for kids' hands. I also designed some halfway in between at 0.82 inches that I will order soon. But for now here are the results of the 0.64 inch sized solid interior dice.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43593&private=0

The die at the left is wsf-polished. The pips could be highlighted with paint or other coloring if desired. The one at the right is sf in black but I sanded the faces with 320 grit sandpaper to remove the dye and get more contrast for the pips. I thought that painting might be messy, especially if I try to do it! With my luck the paint would seep into the face and look messy. I will experiment with different colorants before I decide what is the best way to get more contrast.

With a tumbler and tumbler media bigger than the largest pip holes you could probably remove all the dye except for what is in the pips. In this design the gaps between faces along the edges are a bit narrow to I widened those up in the 0.82 inch version to make any sanding variations less noticeable. The dye on the surface of the die is attached very well. It took a lot of elbow grease and about 20 minutes to sand down all 6 faces and a few faces could use a bit more sanding. The only trouble I had was in the pips for face 6. When I tried to remove sanding powder from those holes the dye came out very easily with hardly any pressure. I assume that's because there was enough powder left in the pips that prevented good dye adhesion. Not a big problem though since a black fine point Sharpie should be able to cover up the reveal of the white underneath.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43594&private=0

I also have some segmented designs with cavities under each face that allow filling of each die face with paint or something so it can dry before flipping the die and working on the next face. This allows different colors for different pips and it increases the weight of the die as compared to a hollow one. I'm guessing that filler is also cheaper than printing a solid die. Unfortunately I have not yet experimented with any fillers and I'm not sure what might work best.

Topic: Atomic Earrings Bracelets
Atomic Earrings Bracelets [message #77374] Wed, 23 October 2013 14:52 UTC
avatar bobfield1  is currently offline bobfield1
Go to my shop
I just opened a new shop offering 4 styles of nylon bracelets. index.php?t=getfile&id=43456&private=0Would love some feedback!

Topic: One World - One Humanity
One World - One Humanity [message #77326] Tue, 22 October 2013 19:07 UTC
avatar yoogy  is currently offline yoogy
Go to my shop
Printed in Steel - handpolished

index.php?t=getfile&id=43405&private=0

Topic: Voronoi-latticed tyrannosaurus rex sculpture for your wall and desk!
Voronoi-latticed tyrannosaurus rex sculpture for your wall and desk! [message #77285] Tue, 22 October 2013 10:26 UTC
avatar namisu  is currently offline namisu
Go to my shop
Hello everyone,
We just wanted to share our 3D-REX sculpture, it's a voronoi-latticed t-rex which comes in two versions, one is wall-mounted and the other stands on a flat surface. There are are also several sizes ranging from 8cm - 25cm. Here are some pictures, enjoy!

Currently we're trying to create a giant wall version around 30" out of several pieces to get past the volume restrictions. Also working on a simplified version that could be printed with a desktop printer like a Replicator.

Cheers,
Adrien, Octavio, Coco, Jose.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43361&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=43362&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=43363&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=43364&private=0

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 203.10KB, Downloaded 110 time(s))

• Attachment: wall2.jpg
    (Size: 158.30KB, Downloaded 104 time(s))

• Attachment: wall1.jpg
    (Size: 272.62KB, Downloaded 107 time(s))

• Attachment: DSC09237.jpg
    (Size: 603.87KB, Downloaded 106 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 22 October 2013 10:27 UTC]

Topic: Voilà
Voilà [message #77282] Tue, 22 October 2013 08:44 UTC
avatar kiorodesign  is currently offline kiorodesign
Go to my shop
[en]

This cuff is part of Voilà collection, born during our stay in France. We wanted to create something colored and easy to match with what you wear, so prêt-à-porter (easy to wear). The necklace is coming, we can't wait to see it because is the first try with chained parts.

[it]

Questo bracciale è parte della collezione Voilà, nata durante il nostro soggiorno in Francia. Volevamo creare qualcosa di colorato e facile da abbinare a quello che si indossa, quindi prêt-à-porter. La collana sta arrivando, non vediamo l'ora di vederla poichè è il primo oggetto con parti concatenate che realizziamo.

index.php?t=getfile&id=43356&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=43357&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=43358&private=0

link to product

KIORO'design Team Ciro & Giovanna
 Topic: The Stress of Waiting is Gone....Excitement ensues
The Stress of Waiting is Gone....Excitement ensues [message #77017] Fri, 18 October 2013 17:01 UTC
avatar Collective_3D  is currently offline Collective_3D
Go to my shop
I designed this Pendent a few months ago and had it made in Frosted Ultra Detail. I wanted to get it printed in Silver and Gold Plated Brass for gifts, but I had issues balancing the cage wires with the minimum material conditions. As they got thicker, things looked weirder.

I was really stressed about buying two in premium metals, since this was my first run at printing this pendant. The two Pendants arrived today and I couldn't be more happy.

I was also concerned about enclosing a part within another, since it was going to be polished and knowing the inside would be more "raw" metal. Again, it's perfect and Shapeways did an amazing job. The Silver version was done in Premium and it's my personal favorite.

The packaging was outstanding, BTW....

Thanks again,

Darren Hartenstine

Here's the link to the Product Page....

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1370842/protected-love-pendan t-1-25-inches-wide-fixed.html?li=feed&materialId=83

• Attachment: 3.png
    (Size: 453.93KB, Downloaded 73 time(s))

• Attachment: 4.png
    (Size: 522.01KB, Downloaded 42 time(s))

Topic: Plus One / Minus One tokens for Magic The Gathering or other card games
Plus One / Minus One tokens for Magic The Gathering or other card games [message #76773] Tue, 15 October 2013 13:09 UTC
avatar cokane  is currently offline cokane
Go to my shop
These are reversible counters with a +1 on one side and a -1 on the other side, suitable for Magic the Gathering or similar card games, or any board games really.

The raw print - White Strong & Flexible
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_01.jpg

Alumide
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_02.jpg

Close-up showing the groove around the center, this serves as a guide if you want to paint the two halves different colors.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_03.jpg

Close-up of the Alumide print - it's really crisp and has a slight metallic sheen.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_04.jpg

Painted with black acrylic - they look great stacked as you can easily count them.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_05.jpg

Close-up of the painted tokens.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_06.jpg

Close-up of the -1 side.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_07.jpg

I painted the numbers of the Alumide tokens to distinguish the two sides.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_08.jpg

Here are the paints and inks I used.
http://cokane.com/shapeways/counters_small_09.jpg

The White Strong & Flexible is really fun to paint - you just dab the brush inside the numbers and it bleeds all the way to the edge on it's own. I used a size 1 brush, slightly damped with water. Here's a short video: https://vine.co/v/hwKqPO9wWhD

You can buy them at my shop: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/cokane
They're also available in colored sandstone, with the black & white colors pre-printed, however I haven't ordered this material yet so I haven't got any photos of it.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 13:12 UTC]

www.cokane.com
 Topic: Wired tetrahedron
Wired tetrahedron [message #76769] Tue, 15 October 2013 12:52 UTC
avatar fdecomite  is currently offline fdecomite
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=42927&private=0My last attempt was too thin. This one (the big one) is sturdy and regular.

Topic: New cardioidal variations just arrived
New cardioidal variations just arrived [message #76768] Tue, 15 October 2013 12:50 UTC
avatar fdecomite  is currently offline fdecomite
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=42925&private=0I finally found the right proportions to obtain sturdy and regular models. index.php?t=getfile&id=42926&private=0

Topic: Our model is beautiful ...
Our model is beautiful ... [message #76765] Tue, 15 October 2013 12:47 UTC
avatar 3dforus  is currently offline 3dforus
Go to my shop
A beauty is a beauty, no matter how small...
Thanks to the good printing quality of Shapeways !
Look at the beautiful sculpture , it just come from photos.
The3DforUS preview process that we offer guarantees that you can be sure that you are happy with the product before the 3D model is printed.
Why not visit our website for more information?!
http://www.3dforus.com/

index.php?t=getfile&id=42935&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 15 October 2013 15:59 UTC]

Topic: A real-life Hooper Hero!
A real-life Hooper Hero! [message #76674] Sun, 13 October 2013 23:44 UTC
avatar ThreeForm  is currently offline ThreeForm
Go to my shop
In case anyone had any doubt about the flexibility of 3D printed materials when used for clothing, I've got a delightful little snippet of video from this past weekends NY Comic Con. I created this performance outfit for Veronica last year, and it has been used in a number of performances. It's 2mm thick to retain flexibility, and snaps together with printed-in fasteners that act as hinges to permit extreme flexibility.

Many people think of Hula-hooping as basically standing there as a hoop goes around you, but this clip might change that perception- the movements are fast and extreme. The design holds up very well, and it's very comfortable.

YouTube videos can't be embedded in this forum, but the video is here:

Hooper Hero demo at NY Comic Con 2013

...and a few images to give you the idea.

index.php?t=getfile&id=42866&private=0

www.facebook.com/pages/ThreeForm/114001098701667
 Topic: We keep 'em coming !
icon2.gif  We keep 'em coming ! [message #76640] Sat, 12 October 2013 17:22 UTC
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
It's a fact, we're hooked on ordering new designs @shapeways.

We just can't help it, when you receive something that you have designed yourself and it comes out just as you have imagined.. best feeling ever !

index.php?t=getfile&id=42818&private=0
*FutureCage Necklace in Black Strong & Flexible (picture by @dnastylix)
index.php?t=getfile&id=42819&private=0
FabGeo Earrings in Gold Plated Brass

Wesley Günter - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
 Topic: Tunnel Cube by OSKAR
Tunnel Cube by OSKAR [message #76623] Sat, 12 October 2013 11:02 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Tunnel Cube can be considered the inverse of Adam G. Cowan's Handlebar Cube. Whereas Handlebar Cube has three handles at the outside that bandage non-adjacent corners and edges together, Tunnel Cube has three tunnels that achieve the same effect. The holes enable you to look inside the puzzle and to see which corners and edges are bandaged through these tunnels.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzle at my Shapeways Shop.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=42808&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42809&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42810&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42811&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42812&private=0

Topic: Little Talismans Test Came in!
Little Talismans Test Came in! [message #76385] Tue, 08 October 2013 19:51 UTC
avatar forevercty  is currently offline forevercty
Go to my shop
And they look great! This was my first 3d print ever, and so I was extremely pleased with the results.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2c27c250678aa0b29a9c90f6d6168aa5/tumblr_mubgvqEhTF1rgdls4o2_1280.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1f9de5da36b5540ae531cc825b176425/tumblr_mubgvqEhTF1rgdls4o3_1280.jpg

I mainly printed these to see if I'm ready to put them up for public sale, and I think I like what I'm seeing printed here. I hope you guys find these pleasing.

Printed in Sandstone FC
 Topic: Mobius Cross
Mobius Cross [message #76363] Tue, 08 October 2013 14:58 UTC
avatar chaitanyak  is currently offline chaitanyak
Go to my shop
model page: https://www.shapeways.com/model/1370926/flat-twist-cross.htm l?li=my-models&materialId=6

index.php?t=getfile&id=42495&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42490&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42491&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42492&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42493&private=0

I usually maintain notes when i'm in church, it helps memorize/internalise parts of the sermon(its also what keeps me from dozing off during certain types of sermons). sometimes i doodle as well.. usually just crosses and other christian iconography (jesus fish, trinity knots etc) this model was a result of one of those doodles ( see the rest of the doodles here https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/108752083233746452417/alb ums/5781246958075882849 )

• Attachment: 001.JPG
    (Size: 44.96KB, Downloaded 200 time(s))

• Attachment: 002.JPG
    (Size: 49.25KB, Downloaded 166 time(s))

• Attachment: 003.JPG
    (Size: 44.96KB, Downloaded 163 time(s))

• Attachment: 004.JPG
    (Size: 42.31KB, Downloaded 165 time(s))

• Attachment: webcam-toy-photo5.jpg
    (Size: 54.02KB, Downloaded 171 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 08 October 2013 15:00 UTC]

Topic: Skull Pot
Skull Pot [message #76347] Tue, 08 October 2013 11:43 UTC
avatar JuanManuelVargas  is currently offline JuanManuelVargas
Go to my shop
hello this is my latest creation, I hope you like.

• Attachment: 1.jpg
    (Size: 2.04MB, Downloaded 79 time(s))

• Attachment: 2.jpg
    (Size: 1.47MB, Downloaded 26 time(s))

• Attachment: 3.jpg
    (Size: 1.61MB, Downloaded 22 time(s))

Topic: video with 3d printed pendants
video with 3d printed pendants [message #76309] Mon, 07 October 2013 17:59 UTC
avatar melkon  is currently offline melkon
Go to my shop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ths1WOg1Q1gindex.php?t=getfile&id=42414&private=0

• Attachment: 113.jpg
    (Size: 60.72KB, Downloaded 80 time(s))

Topic: Batik Pendant
Batik Pendant [message #76249] Sun, 06 October 2013 19:56 UTC
avatar ckreidin  is currently offline ckreidin
Go to my shop
Hello All!

This is my first forum post, my first 3D project, and first 3D printing experience!

I made a pendant based off of a batik fabric design. Batik is a wax resist techniques for dyeing/painting fabric. It is thought to have originated in Java, Indonesia.

index.php?t=getfile&id=42343&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42344&private=0

• Attachment: Batik001C.jpg
    (Size: 149.11KB, Downloaded 112 time(s))

• Attachment: Batik001E.jpg
    (Size: 146.14KB, Downloaded 111 time(s))

Topic: Customized Spinning Bauble Ornament
Customized Spinning Bauble Ornament [message #76187] Sat, 05 October 2013 17:09 UTC
avatar Maundy  is currently offline Maundy
Go to my shop
My trio of 3D printed ornaments is complete, it consists of the Captured Snowflake, Snowman and now this Customized Spinning Bauble Ornament

This is a customizable bauble ornament: within both of the two balls, which are modeled in the style of intricate snowflakes, are two lines of text that can be customized during the order process by the buyer, each line of text can hold up to 10 capital letters (if spaces are included, these count as letters of the 10 letters per line), the whole ornament will then be 3D printed for you with your message or name trapped on the inside (the example featured in the pictures and video has the message "MERRY CHRISTMAS" in the center).
The inner of the two balls freely rotates on an axle and spins if you blow on the top or bottom edge of the inner ball (using a stray is easier but it works well without) creating an interesting optical effect (watch the YouTube video).

There is a small grappling hook styled attachment at the top which allows a piece of string or thread to be attached to the ornament so it can be hung up.

I have designed two of these ornaments with preset messages inside, the first with the message "MERRY CHRISTMAS" and the other has the message "HAPPY HALLOWEEN" (available at the respective hyperlinks) these are cheaper to buy as no customization is necessary.

Take a look at my Snowman design which consists of three of this bauble ornament scaled down and interlocked with each other in the style of a snowman (it even has eyes and a nose!).

This ornament is 3D printed on demand for you, it is 3D printed in one go and comes out of the 3D printer already fully assembled!

index.php?t=getfile&id=42291&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42292&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42293&private=0

• Attachment: image.jpg
    (Size: 376.06KB, Downloaded 111 time(s))

(Size: 332.03KB, Downloaded 112 time(s))

(Size: 466.00KB, Downloaded 111 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 05 October 2013 17:14 UTC]

Topic: Dragon Hugs: Elasto plastic
Dragon Hugs: Elasto plastic [message #76172] Sat, 05 October 2013 13:09 UTC
avatar jordanbanks  is currently offline jordanbanks
Go to my shop
I design this little dragon that hugs on; I did not know what material to print it in so I chose the new material: elasto plastic.
The material is light but super strong and is very comfortable while wearing; here it is tell me what you think?

Jordan

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1353663/dragonhugs.html?li=m y-models&materialId=6
index.php?t=getfile&id=42263&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=42264&private=0

• Attachment: IMG_3070.JPG
    (Size: 906.71KB, Downloaded 165 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_3072.JPG
    (Size: 640.17KB, Downloaded 162 time(s))

Let make fantasy a reality!
 Topic: Krystian's Skewb by KRYSTIAN and OSKAR
Krystian's Skewb by KRYSTIAN and OSKAR [message #76165] Sat, 05 October 2013 11:40 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Krystian's Skewb was invented by Krystian Wilisowski. It is a Master Skewb where the slice layer has some additional cuts. The puzzle is related to Carl Hoff's Doctor Skewb.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=42252&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42253&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42254&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42255&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=42256&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 05 October 2013 11:47 UTC]

Topic: Retro-Robot Accessories for Building Toy Minifigs
Retro-Robot Accessories for Building Toy Minifigs [message #75717] Sat, 28 September 2013 15:32 UTC
avatar Tresob  is currently offline Tresob
Go to my shop
I finally got around to ordering a complete set of Retro Robot vests that I made to fit on building toy minifigs.

Let's see if you guys can figure out what each robot is supposed to be...

index.php?t=getfile&id=41832&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41833&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41834&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41835&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41836&private=0

These were printed in WSF. I probably should have scrubbed them down a little more before taking pictures, but I was too eager to share!

• Attachment: 512k1.JPG
    (Size: 29.80KB, Downloaded 107 time(s))

• Attachment: gamer2.JPG
    (Size: 30.03KB, Downloaded 104 time(s))

• Attachment: turntable2.JPG
    (Size: 29.88KB, Downloaded 106 time(s))

• Attachment: van1.JPG
    (Size: 34.59KB, Downloaded 106 time(s))

• Attachment: pong1.JPG
    (Size: 30.83KB, Downloaded 107 time(s))

Topic: Soul Sword Pendant
Soul Sword Pendant [message #75706] Sat, 28 September 2013 12:50 UTC
avatar jordanbanks  is currently offline jordanbanks
Go to my shop
This sword was inspired by a game that made me want to become a 3D modeler in the first place. I was looking and looking for a long time to see if any cons had any thing to show my love toward this game but nothing now I have something; I think It came out lovely!!

index.php?t=getfile&id=41812&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41813&private=0

Jordan

• Attachment: soulreaver.JPG
    (Size: 522.26KB, Downloaded 106 time(s))

• Attachment: allreaver.JPG
    (Size: 472.48KB, Downloaded 105 time(s))

Let make fantasy a reality!
 Topic: Ring World by OSKAR
Ring World by OSKAR [message #75703] Sat, 28 September 2013 11:31 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Ring World is a maze ball. The yellow ball turns around within the black ring. When the ball and the ring are correctly aligned, then the ring+ball together can be split in half, and the treasure inside the ball can be removed.

Watch the YouTube video.
Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=41808&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41809&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41810&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41811&private=0

[Updated on: Sat, 28 September 2013 11:32 UTC]

Topic: First print received - Character head model
icon14.gif  First print received - Character head model [message #75701] Sat, 28 September 2013 11:00 UTC
avatar Stoobs  is currently offline Stoobs
Go to my shop
My first print arrived earlier this week - I'm rather impressed!

index.php?t=getfile&id=41805&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=41806&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=41807&private=0

Slight bit of cleanup required due to the chalky nature of WSF, but I'm pretty happy with that - I think I might order another one in the detail plastic and see just how much detail from the mesh carries through.

It's roughly correct for a 1/6th scale model if anyone is interested Wink

• Attachment: Crusty1.jpg
    (Size: 62.25KB, Downloaded 138 time(s))

• Attachment: Crusty2.jpg
    (Size: 66.35KB, Downloaded 136 time(s))

• Attachment: Crusty3.jpg
    (Size: 75.73KB, Downloaded 136 time(s))

Topic: SHOES!
SHOES! [message #75683] Fri, 27 September 2013 20:18 UTC
avatar MechanicalPen  is currently offline MechanicalPen
Go to all my models
I printed a pair of shoes for the Busou Shinki line of posable figures.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2857/9957126375_9dc9f8b8ce.jpg

They turned out well, nice and smooth looking! This was my first 3d print, and I wasn't expecting the WSF to feel as chalky as it did.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/9957172526_69e912bc80.jpg
They LOOK nice though, and that is what matters.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3799/9957267813_839930a0ac.jpg
Unfortunately, I messed up my measurements; that back peg isn't supposed to be sticking out! Going to have to revise my design a bit...
 Topic: Cannabis Leaf Ashtray (Ceramics)
Cannabis Leaf Ashtray (Ceramics) [message #75583] Thu, 26 September 2013 19:25 UTC
avatar ttoinou  is currently offline ttoinou
Go to my shop
Hi all.

I haven't seen a lot of ashtray made out of the Ceramics material available on SW.
So here is my contribution using the shape of a cannabis leaf : Cendrier feuille de cannabis.

Photos :
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1098292_1340317_1379849116.jpg
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1098292_1340320_1379849084.jpg

Model :
http://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1098292_1005663_1368639686.jpg
 Topic: femme
femme [message #75358] Tue, 24 September 2013 11:10 UTC
avatar kiorodesign  is currently offline kiorodesign
Go to my shop
First try with Gold Plated Brass

[en]
Femme was born instantly, in a moment, and quickly sketched. Is one of those creations which don't want too many questions, or why? Is "femme". We only helped her to come in this world, shiny and elegant.

[it]
Femme è nata all'istante, in un attimo, e rapidamente abbozzata. È una di quelle creazioni che non vogliono troppe domande, o perché? È "femme". Noi l'abbiamo soltanto aiutata a venire in questo mondo, splendente ed elegante.

index.php?t=getfile&id=41606&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41607&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41608&private=0

link to product

video

• Attachment: femme1_960.jpg
    (Size: 153.94KB, Downloaded 154 time(s))

• Attachment: femme3_960.jpg
    (Size: 317.99KB, Downloaded 151 time(s))

• Attachment: femme2.jpg
    (Size: 356.72KB, Downloaded 157 time(s))

KIORO'design Team Ciro & Giovanna
 Topic: Incomprehensible Cube by OSKAR
Incomprehensible Cube by OSKAR [message #75174] Sat, 21 September 2013 11:51 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Incomprehensible Cube was inspired by an idea from Bram Cohen. It looks like a regular Rubik's Cube, but it has two edges with two peek holes each. Those are the "special edges". The special-edges layer and the two layers behind it can all turn independently. Like a regular Rubik's Cube. The slice layer between the special edges turns like a slice layer, while the two special edges remain coupled to each other. The opposite faces at the top and bottom are connected with a rod, which can be observed through the peek holes.

This puzzle is another demonstration that a slice move is different from an opposite faces move. This was also what distinguished Double Trouble A and B.

The operation of the puzzle as a whole is quite incomprehensible, hence the puzzle's name. The peek holes help understand the operation and orientation of the mechanism. The mechanism is deeper-than-origin cut.

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=41445&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41446&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41447&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41448&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=41449&private=0

Topic: Judo belt ring
Judo belt ring [message #75140] Fri, 20 September 2013 16:00 UTC
avatar Daphne  is currently offline Daphne
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
Today my ring arrived Smile I'm really happy with it.
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1253756_1330253_1379670742.jpg
I also designed some earrings (and glued blue things on it):
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1360148_1331934_1379692172.jpg
https://images1.sw-cdn.net/model/picture/674x501_1310191_1331792_1379691271.jpg
 Topic: Gargoyle Dedo, in Sandstone
Gargoyle Dedo, in Sandstone [message #75060] Thu, 19 September 2013 01:16 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
From Wikipedia: "Little Dedo is a small gargoyle with pointy ears and human-like feet on the Notre Dame Cathedral.
When the cathedral was built in 1160, a nun from a tiny convent in Provence who disliked the menacing gargoyles that were put on top of the building to ward off evil spirits, disguised herself as a workman, gained entrance to the work site and quickly carved the sculpture from a small block before placing it on the highest roof.<br>
The gargoyle was undiscovered for centuries until a small boy, lost in the labyrinthine structure, stumbled off a ledge and rolled down a roof into the arms of the gargoyle. Since its rediscovery, the creature has been affectionately known as Little Dedo, the gargoyle with the crossed toes."

I modeled this not as an exact replica, but one would certainly recognise it as a copy. The photo's show the model printed in Sandstone.

I have a 4cm and 5cm version in my store. Links http://shpws.me/pfju and http://shpws.me/pfjx

index.php?t=getfile&id=41280&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=41281&private=0

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: A custom gnome award corporate award
A custom gnome award corporate award [message #75059] Thu, 19 September 2013 00:59 UTC
avatar designanything3d  is currently offline designanything3d
Go to my shop
A custom gnome award 3d printed with light up display and lamp post. Gnome is about 5 inches tall.

• Attachment: IMG_9057.gif
    (Size: 136.12KB, Downloaded 94 time(s))

Topic: Double Trouble by OSKAR
Double Trouble by OSKAR [message #74826] Sun, 15 September 2013 10:56 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Double Trouble is a set of two twisty puzzles, based on an idea by Bram Cohen. The two cuboid puzzles seem to have the same behavior at start.
-The green and blue faces turn freely
-The yellow and white faces are coupled to each other
-The red and orange faces are completely blocked.

A difference arises when one turns the coupled yellow and white by a quarter turn. Then
-in version A, the red and orange faces remain blocked and the green and blue faces can still turn freely, whereas
-in version B, the green and blue faces become locked and the red and orange faces can suddenly turn freely.

Watch the YouTube video.
Buy the puzzles at my Shapeways Shop here and here.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=40954&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40955&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40956&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40957&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40958&private=0

Topic: All Around by OSKAR
All Around by OSKAR [message #74355] Fri, 06 September 2013 17:13 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

All Around is a twisty puzzle that combines properties from Mixup Cube, Babyface Cube, Super Edges and Zygmunt's Cube. With all these mechanisms combined, it is quite an all-rounder.

Quiz question: which puzzles from the Twisty Puzzles Museum can be made by unbandaging All Around?

Watch the YouTube video.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=40155&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40156&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40157&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40158&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=40159&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 06 September 2013 17:16 UTC]

Topic: Knotsplosion by OSKAR
Knotsplosion by OSKAR [message #74008] Sun, 01 September 2013 10:07 UTC
Go to my shop
Hi Non-Twisty Puzzles fans,

Knotsplosion is a put-together puzzle with three identical cubic looped pieces. When assembled, the three loops intersect at four point. The puzzle disassembles first in a smooth coordinated motion. However, the real puzzle is then to get the pieces free from each other. The assembly poses the opposite, even harder problem.

Surprisingly, Knotsplosion is a spin-off of the Hurly Burly puzzle. Hurly Burly has three loop-shaped piece that are black, green and blue. They fit together in an unexpected topological fashion that allows them to be taken apart. When I discovered this topology on my computer screen in May 2005, I built a cubic model of centicubes. I was quite surprised to find out that even the cubic version was hard to put together or take apart, even though there were just three identical loopy pieces. Tom Lensch made some big wooden samples and Hanayama even made a metal prototype in 2007, which was too delicate unfortunately. At the request of a customer of mine, I am now making it available via Shapeways.

Watch the YouTube video.
Read more at the Non-Twisty Puzzles Forum.

Enjoy!

Oskar
index.php?t=getfile&id=39701&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39702&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39703&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39704&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=39705&private=0

Pages (24): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.